·
Registered
3 Posts
New to Subarus, but LOVE my Outback!
Mods:
  • Primitive Racing 1.5" full lift kit
  • Primitive Racing Front, Mid and Diff skid plates
  • 245/65r17 Yokohama Geolandar G015's
Comparison shot with a somebody's stock Outback to see how much the lift and tires change it. Can't offroad yet, waitin on an alignment appointment on this coming Friday or Saturday. A friend did most of the work I assisted as much as I could, but I don't have much experience working on cars. Wife digs it so much she wants a Crosstrek now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our first Subaru, after making an error with Maxda CX-5 165 2WD petrol for 18 months, found something that can cope with Scottish highland roads, overtake without killing me, not shaming me by being overtaken by a Mini or Smart ForTwo and bad winters.

Tested the **** out the demo car for hours (i have a very understanding dealer), including overnight to test night driving, lights etc.

Say hello to Ozzy, 2.5L NA 2019 Outback SE Premium, in Dark Blue Pearl and Ivory leather.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is this your first Subie ?
Yes it is. So far I really like it. The verdict is still out on the CVT though...but all in all it's cool. Just switched out all the front lighting to LED. I had a 2019 loaner with the SRH LED's and they were awesome...so had to at least convert to the LED bulbs.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yes it is. So far I really like it. The verdict is still out on the CVT though...but all in all it's cool. Just switched out all the front lighting to LED. I had a 2019 loaner with the SRH LED's and they were awesome...so had to at least convert to the LED bulbs.
I switched out the inside to LED as well...much better. Enjoy your car they are really fun.
Cool. Enjoy your new Subie.
CVT: I had min replaced at about 40k. The CVT for 3.6 R was not beefy enough so it basically got smoked. Dealer replaced for $7k and was paid for buy Dealer/ Subaru.

·
Registered
21 Posts
August 30th had my 2006 Toyota Corolla totaled by someone that liked my side of the road better. Still a bit sore from my bruising from the seatbelt. Luckily it was on a low speed crash at about 20mph. Unfortunately the repairs cost more than the car was worth :(

So we went and purchased another Outback. We got a used 2019 Outback in Magnetite Gray Metallic to replace the Corolla. Since we already had a 2015 Outback in Wilderness Green Metallic we now have his and her 5th generation outbacks. Big difference between the two is the zillion safety features of the 2019.

·
Registered
495 Posts
August 30th had my 2006 Toyota Corolla totaled by someone that liked my side of the road better. Still a bit sore from my bruising from the seatbelt. Luckily it was on a low speed crash at about 20mph. Unfortunately the repairs cost more than the car was worth :(

So we went and purchased another Outback. We got a used 2019 Outback in Magnetite Gray Metallic to replace the Corolla. Since we already had a 2015 Outback in Wilderness Green Metallic we now have his and her 5th generation outbacks. Big difference between the two is the zillion safety features of the 2019.

View attachment 470672

View attachment 470673
That's how I got into an Outback. Someone turned left in front of me and totaled our 2016 Lancer. I went from 35 to stopped in maybe 10 feet. That was quite a collision! After that, I started looking at cars with safety features instead of rear wings!

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's how I got into an Outback. Someone turned left in front of me and totaled our 2016 Lancer. I went from 35 to stopped in maybe 10 feet. That was quite a collision! After that, I started looking at cars with safety features instead of rear wings!
Were you injured badly?

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
After that, I started looking at cars with safety features instead of rear wings!
Age and experience will do that to you. :) A Porsche 911S and 928 were my daily drivers for 27 years. Now I happily drive a Subaru.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Drove up to Flagstaff and Prescott AZ to get out of the heat. Finally got off pavement while driving to Sycamore Canyon. Just fire roads and a few ruts, never even put in Xmde. Loved how it handles in loose gravel and washboard; tracks straight and doesn't bounce you around even a 40mph.

Granite Dells, Prescott, AZ
IMG_2944.JPG

·
Registered
110 Posts
Finally got time to hit up the car wash. I was planning on doing a full detail myself but the crappy weather kinda killed my mood. now to either (a) remove my bike carrier or (b) leave it on for the winter. It was a complete PITA to put on for some reason over my Gen4 and super-easy WRX.

Attachments

3241 - 3260 of 3269 Posts
About this Discussion
3.3K Replies
1.1K Participants
manucha0
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing