Subaru Outback Forums banner

3461 - 3480 of 3500 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 2016
6 Posts
[QUOTE = "albert-jan, message: 5966397, membre: 513965"]
Et qu'en est-il de quelques mots sur les freins?
[/CITATION]
Étrier d'origine, plaquette de freins au Carbon et disques de performance moyen. étrier peint.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here in all its glory. Not shown: LPAventure Skid, Diff, and Subframe plates. Also a PedalBox unit which is lots of fun. All done by Ray and the team at Shoreline Motoring in Huntington Beach; they are a pleasure to deal with and do amazing work! Stock size Wildpeaks perform very well, look good. View attachment 481169
What are those rims called and the size/offset please?

·
Registered
138 Posts
What are those rims called and the size/offset please?
Hi, I like these wheels a lot. Method Race 501, titanium color 17x8, 42 offset, weight listed at 23.8 pounds.
They were developed for the Subaru Rally Team, as was later the model 502. Member Taconugget and I posted photos together so you can compare how these wheels look with Wildpeaks in 225 versus 235 sizes to help decide between these two popular tires- check out post #21 in the "2020 Subaru Aftermarket Wheel & Tire Thread. One more thing- they are currently on sale!

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Oh yeah any advice would be great! What set up did you end up going with? Still trying to get a feel for pricing too.
These are Method Race 501 wheels with Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail 225/65-17 tires. These wheels and the model 502 are very popular, both come in black if you prefer. The tires are excellent. Tomorrow I'll write again and share more of the great information I've learned from the helpful and friendly experts on this site.
Shoreline_Motoring_LP_Aventure_PedalBox_Subaru_Outback_Lifted_Skid_Plates_Method_MR501_Rally_T...jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
These are Method Race 501 wheels with Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail 225/65-17 tires. These wheels and the model 502 are very popular, both come in black if you prefer. The tires are excellent. Tomorrow I'll write again and share more of the great information I've learned from the helpful and friendly experts on this site. View attachment 486221
Looks nice! How is the road noise with those in comparison to the all seasons?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looks nice! How is the road noise with those in comparison to the all seasons?
These tires were designed as a collaboration between Falken and Toyota, specifically for the RAV4 TRD Pro. As such they are a perfect match for our Outbacks. I honestly think they are quieter and more responsive on pavement than the stock tires, even at high speed. Mud/Snow rated 3 Peak, pretty much ready for any outdoor adventures. With the 501 rims and in the 225 OEM size, the weight is close to stock, and sizewise you can still use the standard issue spare in an emergency. You could go up one size to 235/65-17, which gets you an even more rugged look, 6 ply instead of 4- and fits with no rubbing or issues.
Other tires that members have liked are the Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus, and the Yokohama Geolandar- those were on my short list. Other rims to consider are the LP Aventure ( a great Canadian company, and the maker of my cool skid plates, but more about that later) LP-1; very nice. I should mention that both the Method 501 and 502 were purpose built for the Subaru USA Rally Team; I figured that was good enough for me, and they did not disappoint!
Finally, I recommend you check out an article by Wes Siler (November 16, 2019) entitled "How to Modify Your Subaru for Off-Roading" He is the Adventure Columnist for Outside Magazine, and you can find it most easily on his "Indefinitely Wild" website. Great info, a fun read. He explains the concept of "unsprung weight" which I found very interesting. Also, he is very clear about what NOT to do, and that saved me a ton of trouble in my build. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
6 Posts
These tires were designed as a collaboration between Falken and Toyota, specifically for the RAV4 TRD Pro. As such they are a perfect match for our Outbacks. I honestly think they are quieter and more responsive on pavement than the stock tires, even at high speed. Mud/Snow rated 3 Peak, pretty much ready for any outdoor adventures. With the 501 rims and in the 225 OEM size, the weight is close to stock, and sizewise you can still use the standard issue spare in an emergency. You could go up one size to 235/65-17, which gets you an even more rugged look, 6 ply instead of 4- and fits with no rubbing or issues.
Other tires that members have liked are the Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus, and the Yokohama Geolandar- those were on my short list. Other rims to consider are the LP Aventure ( a great Canadian company, and the maker of my cool skid plates, but more about that later) LP-1; very nice. I should mention that both the Method 501 and 502 were purpose built for the Subaru USA Rally Team; I figured that was good enough for me, and they did not disappoint!
Finally, I recommend you check out an article by Wes Siler (November 16, 2019) entitled "How to Modify Your Subaru for Off-Roading" He is the Adventure Columnist for Outside Magazine, and you can find it most easily on his "Indefinitely Wild" website. Great info, a fun read. He explains the concept of "unsprung weight" which I found very interesting. Also, he is very clear about what NOT to do, and that saved me a ton of trouble in my build. Hope this helps!
That’s great info, thanks. I’ll be sure to review the article and check out the different tires and wheels that you referenced!

3461 - 3480 of 3500 Posts