Subaru Outback Forums banner

3521 - 3540 of 3547 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts

Enkei 17x8 and 245/65/r17 Nokian Rottiva tires. No lift. No rubbing issues over ~20k miles that include slow articulation type off-road and flat out rough fire road driving. Haven’t aired the tires down at all, but did get a small puncture. No rubbing with air pressure at ~24psi during normal road driving.

HD end links front/rear and assembled Bilstein B4s w/Kings going on in the coming weeks. Front B4s being built with HD SPT tops.

·
Registered
16 Impreza 5dr Sport 19 Outback LTD
29 Posts
…. after waiting for 2 weeks, she's here! also installed SSD strut tower bars that came in yesterday :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
…. after waiting for 2 weeks, she's here! also installed SSD strut tower bars that came in yesterday :)
better glue that emblem there on the engine cover down... it'll pop off and get lost! (I replaced the double sided tape on mine with some better tape... the tape adheres really well to the little subaru emblem, but not to the plastic engine cover!).

Nice color - don't see so many of those around.

·
Registered
16 Impreza 5dr Sport 19 Outback LTD
29 Posts
…. thanks walker for the advice, will pick up a roll of 3M to secure the emblem, i agree with you about the color, here where i live think i only see 2, mine and one which comes further West.

Reactions: walker

·
Registered
(Australian spec) 2019 MY19 Outback 3.6R CVT.
471 Posts
will pick up a roll of 3M to secure the emblem
Applying suitable non acetic silicone sealant in place of the original double sided tape also works very well. Clean with 95% or higher Isopropyl Alcohol first. I used that successfully on our previous Foz XT, our 2016 Liberty 3.6R & our current 2019 Outback 3.6R.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Are people uh, taking these Subaru emblems off the engine covers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
they can get loose enough that they will fall off. Sometimes you can find them in the plastic undercover. Otherwise, it's gone. Can't get just the emblem, it only comes with a new cover.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,927 Posts
^^^ Patience! As an anti-spam measure, the Forum places some restrictions on newly-regustered members until they have been around a while and have made some minimum number of posts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 488685
Enkei 17x8 and 245/65/r17 Nokian Rottiva tires. No lift. No rubbing issues over ~20k miles that include slow articulation type off-road and flat out rough fire road driving. Haven’t aired the tires down at all, but did get a small puncture. No rubbing with air pressure at ~24psi during normal road driving.

HD end links front/rear and assembled Bilstein B4s w/Kings going on in the coming weeks. Front B4s being built with HD SPT tops.
Here is the follow up. Added B4 and king springs. Just above 0.5” taller, but handles great. It’s a sport ride, which I can see some people not liking. It’s abrupt if you’ve grown used to the wallow/float of the stock suspension. First impression is it handles bumps way better, nominal sag when loaded, and does not suffer from bump steer anymore. It’ll likely settle to .5”. Measured wheel front guard height, wheel wells, and rear hitch. Uniform height gain just above .5”

3521 - 3540 of 3547 Posts