Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

3621 - 3640 of 3819 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
42 Posts
Hi, the Shoreline Motoring folks ( Huntington Beach CA) of the top Walker photo helped me with my build and were awesome! If you look under the gallery import section of their website they have lots of cool pics of their projects, including mine, for inspiration.
I'm in costa mesa, so maybe I'll plan a trip if they're able to be open.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R
8 Posts
Okay, I'm curious. What track? What bike? What track day group?
Just went to Apex Kart Track in Perris, CA - it's $50 for a full day (open track pretty much every day of the week) and only an hour away from me so I plan on going twice a month (between there and Adams) now that I have the OB. I'm also doing the MotoForza track day at Chuckwalla in November which will be my first big track and eventually want to get up to Willow Springs as well.

Bike is a '15 Yamaha R3, its small but it does great on track- just ordered a rearset riser for it since I was scraping footpeg all day haha. I had a GSX-R 600 as well but got a great offer for it and sold it recently.

Do you ride as well?

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6 Limited
3 Posts
Just went to Apex Kart Track in Perris, CA - it's $50 for a full day (open track pretty much every day of the week) and only an hour away from me so I plan on going twice a month (between there and Adams) now that I have the OB. I'm also doing the MotoForza track day at Chuckwalla in November which will be my first big track and eventually want to get up to Willow Springs as well.

Bike is a '15 Yamaha R3, its small but it does great on track- just ordered a rearset riser for it since I was scraping footpeg all day haha. I had a GSX-R 600 as well but got a great offer for it and sold it recently.

Do you ride as well?
Yes, for many years. I've done track days in NorCal (Thunder Hill & Laguna Seca), PNW (PIR & The Ridge) & one at Parump near Vegas (Spring Mountain). I've had a VFR, RC51, Aprilia Tuono, CBR1000RR, GSXR1000, and went back to another Tuono. It's been a couple of years since I've been to the track though. Here's an old pic from Thunder Hill on my first Tuono. Sorry for the off-topic pic.

HT4U8540001.jpg

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R
8 Posts
Yes, for many years. I've done track days in NorCal (Thunder Hill & Laguna Seca), PNW (PIR & The Ridge) & one at Parump near Vegas (Spring Mountain). I've had a VFR, RC51, Aprilia Tuono, CBR1000RR, GSXR1000, and went back to another Tuono. It's been a couple of years since I've been to the track though. Here's an old pic from Thunder Hill on my first Tuono. Sorry for the off-topic pic.

View attachment 494961
**** that's awesome, I've only been riding for a year so I'm just scratching the surface, but having a ton of fun so far- feel a lot more comfortable getting the "need for speed" out on track rather than on the street. Looking at a Daytona 675R for my next bike, heard a lot of great things.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm in costa mesa, so maybe I'll plan a trip if they're able to be open.
I drove down from the San Fernando Valley, well worth it. I chose Shoreline originally because they are a US Distributor for the top notch Canadian company LP Aventure. Got a set of LP skid plates, Method Race 501 wheels with Falken Wildpeaks, and a PedalBox Unit. Really like how my build turned out, and will use them again without hesitation.

·
Registered
230 Posts
North Country NH to Central Jersey, noodling for four days and back.

That's enough miles to decide- one 5" muffler for an R is just right. A lil droney on the steeps on 91 in NH, VT but just the right amt of wrrrrr when giving it the beans on CT parkways and RTs 287 & 78.

Plus the last hour of highway in Fall mist breaking to sunshine? It's like a free bath
Good times!

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
11 Posts
Went to Ocean Shores on the Washington Shore, may have done some doughnuts on the beach! My 2016 3.6r has tinted film over the amber side lights (and rear signals, reverse lights and reflectors) Gorilla mud flaps, and 25mm spacers on the stock wheels. Bonus old dog enjoying the beach pic!

3621 - 3640 of 3819 Posts