Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

3741 - 3760 of 3765 Posts

Registered
2018 3.6R - new to me last month. Lift kit/wheels/tires I believe were dealer installed when new (a theory I have is that they were testing the market for the Wilderness version). I just finished deleting everything chrome or silver, then did the door handles and mirrors while I was at it. I don't love the pewter color but the blackout makes it tolerable. Way more fun to drive than my 2nd Gen!

Registered
2016, OB, 3.6R, Limited, Crystal White Pearl
2018 3.6R - new to me last month. Lift kit/wheels/tires I believe were dealer installed when new (a theory I have is that they were testing the market for the Wilderness version). I just finished deleting everything chrome or silver, then did the door handles and mirrors while I was at it. I don't love the pewter color but the blackout makes it tolerable. Way more fun to drive than my 2nd Gen!

View attachment 509418
I think the color is perfect, looks great, not over the top.....wanna trade? :D

Registered
This looks great. I've recently got a black 2019 Touring which I'm slowly in the process of Chrome Delete. (have only dipped the wheels matte black so far)

Did you go vinyl or PlastiDip?
Did you removed the grille?
How was the process with the door handles?

View attachment 509418

Registered
2017 Touring 3.6R
Thank you. Honestly it wasn't that bad, the wheels are definitely heavier (67lb vs 53lb) than stock and I could feel it, but the sidewall height was compensated with the softness of the dedicated winter tires so the ride was still very smooth. Tires are definitely noisier on highway but providing a perfect grip on snow, ice and even mud. Used it for a few months during last winter and switched to Falken Wild Peak on 17" WRX rims for everyday/weekend forest trips use

Registered
'16 3.6R
Thank you. Honestly it wasn't that bad, the wheels are definitely heavier (67lb vs 53lb) than stock and I could feel it, but the sidewall height was compensated with the softness of the dedicated winter tires so the ride was still very smooth. Tires are definitely noisier on highway but providing a perfect grip on snow, ice and even mud. Used it for a few months during last winter and switched to Falken Wild Peak on 17" WRX rims for everyday/weekend forest trips use
Wow that's a bigger difference in weight than I expected - good thing you've got the 3.6R to help push them along!

As you've probably gathered by now, the Wildpeak A/T Trails are a very popular tire among the members here. I've got a set on 17's as well for everyday use, we don't get snow where we live (unless we drive to it). Many people are using the Wildpeaks year round as a jack-of-all-trades compromise since they carry the 3PMSF rating. How do you feel they compare to the dedicated Blizzaks in the snow?

By the way, welcome to the forums!

Registered
2017 Touring 3.6R
Thanks. The Wildpeaks are great compromise for all conditions and year round use, that's exactly the reason why I got them. They behave very well on highway, fairly quiet and provide a great grip. Snow, water, mud, sand and rocks are the natural environment for them. Compared to Blizzaks they're doing pretty good in snow but Blizzaks are still better for deep snow and ice, but well they're dedicated snow tires. We also don't have snow here but one hour drive and you'll hit the mountains and there's plenty of snow to play with 扒

Registered
Finally I can post here as well. Had an A4 and A6 in Germany, and a Subaru Forester in Kenia years ago. Moved to Australia now and decided to go Subaru again...and I remain a fan of the cars they make in Japan. Went for a 2016 Subaru 2.5l Premium everything in...dealer put Bridgestone Dayton ht100 on the car, might change later on. I really like the ride!!!

Attachments

Registered
2016, OB, 3.6R, Limited, Crystal White Pearl

Registered
2017 Touring 3.6R
Yes direct bolt on. These rims are from 2008 Toyota Highlander Sport and they have the same bolt pattern 5x114.3 and 60.1 center bore.
The rims are 7.5J19 +35 offset and give you very nice stance.
The only downside is that they are very heavy. Each rim/tire weights 67lb vs. 53lb for the stock 18s.
56lb difference per set of 4 is a huge difference considering it's unsprung weight.

3741 - 3760 of 3765 Posts