Subaru Outback Forums banner

61 - 80 of 3465 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
now yer talking......:29::29::29::29::29:
i,ll show you mine in about a week.....:):):):)
whats your opinion of the cvt???
Not too familiar with cvt and this is my first subaru but so far the only thing I can notice is a little jerk( sometimes) from zero start (not sure if it's cvt related) but overall it's smooth as butter... I'll familiarize myself more with it and by the time you post your pics (looking forward to see yours btw) I'll report back. I just love this car....

·
Registered
2009 Outback 2.5i
1,120 Posts
I had the same thing. I think it's just the computer learning. Mine is smooth from start now, and has been for awhile. I am just approaching 1,000 miles

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had the same thing. I think it's just the computer learning. Mine is smooth from start now, and has been for awhile. I am just approaching 1,000 miles
Nope, it's one of those things most of the reviews have mentioned, the gas pedal is not linear enough starting, and does a "big" jolt at first push. It won't get any better, you just have change your driving style to adapt to it, which with a 1000 miles you probably have.

·
Registered
2015 3.6r ltd nav/moonroof
192 Posts
all 3.6r owners please respond.... 2015 models only

Not too familiar with cvt and this is my first subaru but so far the only thing I can notice is a little jerk( sometimes) from zero start (not sure if it's cvt related) but overall it's smooth as butter... I'll familiarize myself more with it and by the time you post your pics (looking forward to see yours btw) I'll report back. I just love this car....
Nope, it's one of those things most of the reviews have mentioned, the gas pedal is not linear enough starting, and does a "big" jolt at first push. It won't get any better, you just have change your driving style to adapt to it, which with a 1000 miles you probably have.
i am due to pick up my new 2015 3.6r ltd next week and i am reading about my main fear.......THE CVT.......i can,t put up with a jerky trans....i love the trans in my 2012, but alas it is now gone.....i will give this new car a decent test drive and if it does act like those who have posted here so far, i am out of there.........i had the cvt on my 2010 ltd and i wasn,t too crazy about it then......it better be right or i am looking elsewhere........

·
Registered
455 Posts
i am due to pick up my new 2015 3.6r ltd next week and i am reading about my main fear.......THE CVT.......i can,t put up with a jerky trans....i love the trans in my 2012, but alas it is now gone.....i will give this new car a decent test drive and if it does act like those who have posted here so far, i am out of there.........i had the cvt on my 2010 ltd and i wasn,t too crazy about it then......it better be right or i am looking elsewhere........
Like I said , this is my first Subaru and I'm new to CVT so I can't compare with what CVT was in the past years but , we did notice a few jolts in our test drive and since I brought it home I still felt a few but like someone said, I'm adapting to the system and my foot is learning how to use the pedal so that it doesn't jolt. I drove part of the day yesterday ( 2nd day) and I noticed it only once so I guess it becomes second nature very fast. You'll evaluate the improvement of the CVT much better than me with your past experiences with it. Did you test drive one?

A few more pics to stay in topic lol :

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R
117 Posts
I test drove a 3.6R a few weeks ago, and I don't recall any jolt. Something to pay closer attention to when my order comes in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First Subaru

Just got our Crystal White Pearl and Dark Gray leather 2.5i Limited today. Ordered it 3 weeks ago from a dealer trade. We love it so far no complaints!!

photo.jpg

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited
597 Posts
Just got our Crystal White Pearl and Dark Gray leather 2.5i Limited today. Ordered it 3 weeks ago from a dealer trade. We love it so far no complaints!!

View attachment 95601
Sweet ride! Looks great. I ordered the same color setup. I had the same question about the tints. Is that 30%?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The dealer surprised me with a call this morning saying that our car was there a week earlier than we thought. I asked him right then to get the windows tinted to match the back. They took it to whoever they use and I'm assuming its 30% but not positive.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The dealer surprised me with a call this morning saying that our car was there a week earlier than we thought. I asked him right then to get the windows tinted to match the back. They took it to whoever they use and I'm assuming its 30% but not positive.
Looks great , guess what I'll have done in a few weeks. :29:

·
Registered
Lapis Blue 3.6R Limited with Eyesight/Tech package.
62 Posts
Looking forward to someone getting the Lapis Blue & posting some good photos!

·
Registered
2015 3.6r ltd nav/moonroof
192 Posts
2 guys from montreal

Some pics after its first wash. Terrible phone quality pics, but pics none the less.

beautiful paint job.....good luck with your new car.....i presume u work at Laval? 2 guys from montreal, both with 3.6rs, both black
..very lucky....why are your wheels different? i thought the 3.6r ltds were all the same?

61 - 80 of 3465 Posts