Subaru Outback Forums banner

81 - 100 of 3372 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback Limited with Eyesight & 1995 Mazda Miata
136 Posts
Great pics. Can anyone post more pics of the black interior (both cloth and leather)? I'm leaning towards going with black exterior and black interior (probably leather) but still undecided. Not sure if that will be too much black.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R
79 Posts
beautiful paint job.....good luck with your new car.....i presume u work at Laval? 2 guys from montreal, both with 3.6rs, both black
..very lucky....why are your wheels different? i thought the 3.6r ltds were all the same?
We get 2 models of 3.6R. Touring and Limited. Mine is a Touring. Its basically no leather, no navigation and 17" wheels.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium Black
24 Posts
Love The 2015

Love this new model. I've owned the 2015 2.5i premium in black with dark grey interior for 3 days now I had the 2005 2.5i Premium for 6 years and loved it. My wife has the 2013 2.5i Premium and I felt it was a good car but not as good as the 2005. It felt more SUV like compared to the 2005. I could never find a Suby that came close to the 2005 except for the Crosstrek but that's to small. The 2015 feels more like the 2005-2009 models. The Cloth interior is the most comfortable yet. Took it for a 50 mile drive around Eastern Lake Tahoe (no stops approx 50-60mph) and already got 35.9 mpg with 87 Gas. First Suby stereo I'm gonna keep. Not a big fan of the wheels and will probably replace them with something close to the stock specs that looks better and is lighter. Also the Body Side Molding and Wheel Arch Molding seem pretty appealing.

Question for the forum. What is the best site to load pics to so I can share my pics on the site? Sorry but I haven't posted pics to a forum before.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Great pics. Can anyone post more pics of the black interior (both cloth and leather)? I'm leaning towards going with black exterior and black interior (probably leather) but still undecided. Not sure if that will be too much black.
The thing about the black interior is I suspect the don't do the pillars or headliner in a dark color, which looks really bad when you actually get in cars like that. I would prefer a dark leather, but not if they half-ass the rest of interior and don't match it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The thing about the black interior is I suspect the don't do the pillars or headliner in a dark color, which looks really bad when you actually get in cars like that. I would prefer a dark leather, but not if they half-ass the rest of interior and don't match it.
It's really nice actually. First of all the leather is not black but dark grey with "silver grey" stitches. At first I thought the stitches were white. The headliner and pillars match the stitches. I think it's very nice because the whole interior is not too dark (like my other high end suv with black seats, black liner, black everything). So I think even if it's not all the same colour , it all matches and works well together.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's really nice actually. First of all the leather is not black but dark grey with "silver grey" stitches. At first I thought the stitches were white. The headliner and pillars match the stitches. I think it's very nice because the whole interior is not too dark (like my other high end suv with black seats, black liner, black everything). So I thing even if it's not all the same colour , it all matches and works well together.
I'm going to try to find one to look at in person, but I've never liked the pillars and headliner being light when the rest of the interior is dark in the few cars I've seen it in, it just looks cheap imo. I suspect it'd just make me want to tear it apart and have it wrapped, and the headliner done in a darker color.

·
Registered
2015 Legacy 2.5i Limited - Twilight Blue
147 Posts
Funny. To my eye, the light interiors these days seem half-assed. And all manufacturers seem to do it this way.

In the Outback, the "Warm Ivory Interior" consists of:
  • Gray headliner and pillars that doesn't quite match the other ivory.
  • Black dashboard top which follows along the top of the door.
  • Aluminum or "wood" trim
  • Ivory dash bottom, which follows along as ivory door inserts and the seats
  • Dark gray carpet.
It gives a striped effect with multiple light and dark colors that I'm not a fan of. to Subaru's credit, at least they didn't put the light leather onto a black seat frame and back like some do.

With the dark interior, it's just light gray on top and dark gray on the bottom which is much cleaner to my eye.

·
Registered
455 Posts
This thread has obviously been hijacked. 90 messages (well, 91 now) and images from only 3 people? (Sigh).
Absolutely right, I will be more careful from now on.....but to stay on topic here is a pic of the paint color I was trying to describe. Not sure you can see the metal flake in this pic (car was starting to get dirty)

And I love the effect of the headlight surround ( if thats what it's called).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Funny. To my eye, the light interiors these days seem half-assed. And all manufacturers seem to do it this way.

In the Outback, the "Warm Ivory Interior" consists of:
  • Gray headliner and pillars that doesn't quite match the other ivory.
  • Black dashboard top which follows along the top of the door.
  • Aluminum or "wood" trim
  • Ivory dash bottom, which follows along as ivory door inserts and the seats
  • Dark gray carpet.
It gives a striped effect with multiple light and dark colors that I'm not a fan of. to Subaru's credit, at least they didn't put the light leather onto a black seat frame and back like some do.

With the dark interior, it's just light gray on top and dark gray on the bottom which is much cleaner to my eye.
Is it gray? I thought it was more the Ivory color but I didn't look that close just noticed it was light and figured it matched the light interior color. On their website it looks like more of a match to the Ivory than gray. Though I do see some of the other door panels and such are still a dark color with the ivory, which doesn't look that appealing either so I think you might be right with the dark interior looking like less of a mish mash.

·
Registered
'05 XT r.i.p., '15 2.5Li soon!
25 Posts
Is it gray? I thought it was more the Ivory color but I didn't look that close just noticed it was light and figured it matched the light interior color. On their website it looks like more of a match to the Ivory than gray. Though I do see some of the other door panels and such are still a dark color with the ivory, which doesn't look that appealing either so I think you might be right with the dark interior looking like less of a mish mash.

The only colors I've noticed while sitting in a Ivory Leather model were ivory, black, and faux wood trim.

Ivory leather seats, door panel, bottom of dash, ceiling cover, and center console. Black on the top of the dash, steering wheel, top and bottom of door panel, carpet, shifting panel.

It does not appear to be striped as the comment stated above.

·
Registered
15 3.6 Outback
310 Posts
can't decide

They had the two colors I like...the white and the green. After seeing both in person, am liking the green better. Though it surprised me I liked that color as my heart really wants the new Jeep GC in white....

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Outback 2.5i
1,120 Posts
Okay, for real...Who wants to trade me Limited wheels for my premium wheels?? PM me. I'm serious

81 - 100 of 3372 Posts