Subaru Outback Forums banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Legacy Touring XT
59 Posts
I use a wireless adaptor and get the larger screen area similar to carplay
I guess you are using Coolwalk. How is it working for you? Would you recommend it to others? (Although, I guess it doesn't matter for now since the Beta program is not accepting new users. But I'd still be interested in your experience, as Coolwalk may become GA at some point after the first of the year.)

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring 2.5
11 Posts
I guess you are using Coolwalk. How is it working for you? Would you recommend it to others? (Although, I guess it doesn't matter for now since the Beta program is not accepting new users. But I'd still be interested in your experience, as Coolwalk may become GA at some point after the first of the year.)
No, I don't think coolwalk is available in the UK yet, beta or otherwise, my latest AA update is 8.4.6.... I haven't upgraded the firmware for the wireless since March either - it was so full off bugs until then, and the March update works well and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
4,231 Posts
No, as was explained in a post subsequent to the one you commented on this is a wireless AA adapter that emulates CarPlay to give full screen. Apparently it can't be said enough in this thread or any other that Coolwalk IS NOT THE ANSWER to full-screen AA. Subaru needs to enable it in the software in the head unit, which is why the 2023 has it, without Coolwalk rolled out...

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
19,438 Posts
Sorry if this comes across harshly but some people don't read and just skim - if they read the posts they'd have all the information they need and we wouldn't keep answering the same questions or people jumping to the wrong conclusions again and again and again. It's very rare that someone comes up with a question that hasn't already been answered by page 2 of a thread.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts