Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Outback L.L. Bean
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

This is not a for sale post, just wanted to see if its worth my time trailering my wrecked Outback back east. It is a sad story. It was stolen from my parking lot last week and driven to near the Utah border where the thief(s) wrecked it. The front end is absolutely trashed, and it is just overall a mess. I don't have a great place to work on it in the winter so gauging interest if its worth towing to Denver. I haven't seen the car yet as it's in a police impound lot. The car was worth nothing so of course I did not carry comprehensive... so total loss on my end. If nobody wants anything I'm driving it to the junkyard near Grand Junction and dumping it. A sad end to a great car.

Posted some pics so you can gauge the damage. Looks like the engine either broke off its mounts or bent the engine crossmember back and its shifted, likely the trans too. I have some parts that were not on the car at the time of the crash like a factory spoiler and liftgate bar. If there is interest I'll list it all out in the for sale forums. It was upgraded with some Whiteline suspension stuff like their bushings and rear control arms.

Side note: does anyone know if the side airbag is always charged or will only fire if it detects a person sitting in the seat? Might be worth passing onto CSP.

123_13.jpeg 123_1.jpeg 123_14.jpeg 123_15.jpeg 123_16.jpeg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hate to be the first vulture...but I'm looking for a nice brown OEM cargo mat. I'm sure that's not worth your effort, but if it is, contact me. Sorry about your car. Been there. Dave. [email protected]

·
Registered
4, Gen 2 H6's: 2001 LLBean, 2002 LLBean, 2002 VDC, 2003 Plain...I love the H6's!
244 Posts
I would like to buy the alternator if your price is right.

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback VDC
30 Posts
What tires do you have on those rims?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback VDC
30 Posts

If you do decide to bring it back to the front range...let me know. I might be interested in helping you and trading some parts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hate to be the first vulture...but I'm looking for a nice brown OEM cargo mat. I'm sure that's not worth your effort, but if it is, contact me. Sorry about your car. Been there. Dave. [email protected]
It has a black OEM cargo mat. I also have a tan aftermarket one that isn't nearly as good.

I would like to buy the alternator if your price is right.
The alternator doesn't have any whine, but it sure looks like it's the original part that came on the car. Similar oxidation to the rest of the parts. Just a heads up. I'd be willing to go cheap; let me know what you think it's worth. The car had 194k when it was crashed.

BFG KO2 215/65/R16. Factory rims. About 7/32" left last I checked. I've got 5 of them (full size offroad spare).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since this garnered little interest and considering how far I'd have to drag it back to part it out, I just scrapped it. If anyone wants nice suspension parts for a gen 2 outback you can find them in the Grand Junction CO pick and pull junkyard. King springs, KYB struts with about 40k on em, and whiteline control arms. Would be a nice haul for someone looking to refresh their machine. The skid plate was roasted, the engine kinda cranked but sounded awful. You'll need a pry bar to bend back the core supports if you want anything from the engine bay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts