Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help...
My wife has a 97 Outback Legacy and we noticed that the illumination light for the gear selector (automatic) on the shift console was not lighting. I popped the fuse box and check the fuses. I pulled the door lock fuse and when I put it back in all of the interior lights and the hazard lights started blinking on and off. They blink on and of for about 10 seconds, stop for about 10 seconds then start again. The only way to stop this is to leave the door lock fuse out. It did however fix the original problem with the shift console lights but it created this new one. Has anyone ever had this problem? Any suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It seems that the keyless entry system did not like me removing the door lock fuse and thats why the lights would blink when the fuse was in. A local Subaru dealerships service department had me looking for a reset button under the dash but, I couldnt find it so, they told me to do the following;

with the fuse in and the ignition key to the off position, remove the negative battery terminal cable.

Then turn the key to the on position and reconnect the negative battery terminal cable.

Yipee, this fixed the problem of the lights flashing but how ever, I still do not have a working light on the shifting console.

Does anyone know if there is a specific fuse somewhere that relates to the shift console light? The owners manual doesnt tell me.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
1 Posts
Subaru Outback 2010 3.6R : Fuse

Hello.
Which fuse is for the remote door lock?
It also controls the clock.
Thanks, Heijo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Heijo
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing