Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Outback Limited. I saw a couple posts about liftgates making various noises when in operation, but none that are similar to my issue. I live in Florida so it doesn't often get real cold here, but I was in Little Rock recently and found that my lift gate started making a terrible groaning noise while closing when it was near freezing outside. Didn't happen again until recently when the temps here fell to near freezing. I would think those of you in the more northern climes may experience this more regularly. I believe it may be the seals on the liftgate support rods, but not sure. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, have you found a corrective action? BTW, Happy New Year to all!

·
Registered
19 Posts
2015 Outback Limited. I saw a couple posts about liftgates making various noises when in operation, but none that are similar to my issue. I live in Florida so it doesn't often get real cold here, but I was in Little Rock recently and found that my lift gate started making a terrible groaning noise while closing when it was near freezing outside. Didn't happen again until recently when the temps here fell to near freezing. I would think those of you in the more northern climes may experience this more regularly. I believe it may be the seals on the liftgate support rods, but not sure. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, have you found a corrective action? BTW, Happy New Year to all!
Hi There,

Happy New Year!

Quick question, does you LG make a groaning noise when closing operation is in progress or when the LG is actually latch-locked (or being secured)?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.