Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 outback turbo manual. Starting about a week ago, all 3 of my power outlets have been working when I first plug something in the charge for about a few seconds and then stopping, I've tried multiple devices and mulitple cables and I'm thinking it's something electrical, but a couple days ago my car shut off while I was driving and lost my power brakes and power steering and had to force the brakes and used the e-brake to stop and pull off the road. After I stopped and I tried starting the car up, it started with no problems and has been fine since, not sure if its related but has this happened to anyone else or does anyone have any idea before I have to shell out a bunch of money?? Any feedback is much appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
Check your fuses! Common for the main fuse to be blown by a cheap faulty plug. Also there are inline fuses at each socket that can be blown they are just behind the socket which needs to be pulled.

Just fyi all subarus have dead sockets when the key is off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts