Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear gate will lift normally when activated by either the fob, the inside button or the button on the gate. Problem is that when closing by any of these methods the gate will only retract about half way. I need to press the button for a second time to fully close. Anybody else have this problem and how was it resolved?

·
Registered
2017 OutBack Premier, 2019 Forester Ltd, 2016 370z Rdstr
724 Posts
rwillie#02,

First off, any time you ask for help, we need to know the year, model and mileage of your car. So many factors get narrowed down with this info.

A view of the FSM for the power rear gate (PRG) doesn't specifically address your problem, but reading through the various sections leads me to believe that your PRG needs to be initialized, and that can only be done at the dealership using their Subaru Select Monitor (really a subie technician's computer that hooks up to the OBDII connector under the dash.)

I don't believe that there are any faults of your various parts/modules, but rather the system has lost its factory settings and just needs to have its PRG computer reflashed. I could be wrong, but from what you describe its pointing in this direction. Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.