Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6R Premium
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I posted a while back about the power seat fuse, and thank you for helping me on that. Well, I replaced it and it blew again. I have since purchased a few more to try and isolate where the problem might be, and found that it would blow the fuse when ever I tried to use the seat angle adjustment part of the seat adjuster switch. I believe this is the front part of the adjuster that moves up and down? The back part that moves up and down adjusts the height of the seat I believe.

So with that said, anyone have such a problem? Anyone knows which motor handles this? I checked the service manual and it doesn't seem to cover this part. Any help will be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 Outback Limited, interior led, HID low beam, valentine one, clear bra- next is the torklift hitch
25 Posts
Power seat motor failure

I had the same problem. It turned out to be the motor. Dealer replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was hoping to do the work myself so that it will save me a trip to the dealer, which is pretty far away, thus I would have to wait for it, which is a PITA.

No one else know which motor?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should be the tilt motor, as recline still works. The link you posted is mine actually. I just didn't think it was good to use the same thread as it is somewhat different...the original thread was asking for the fuse location, while this one is asking which motor specifically controlled the tilt feature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts