Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 llbean that has air getting into to power steering.I think to o ring on top of the power steering pump line is bad.What is the correct part number to tell my dealer?

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
i don't even know that the dealer has a part number for this, but you can look it up on Subaru's opposed forces website or call. they probably just use a rebuild kit or replace the power steering pump unfortunately.

This oring size will work if you want to order one from online or a local store:
1/2'' ID, 5/8" OD, 1/16" Thick

·
Registered
01 Outback H6 VDC, 97 GT wgn w/ ej22, 98 OBW w/ej22
1,401 Posts
i think the part number is 34427AA060.

i know that is an o-ring i bought last year for power steering pump. so it is either for the H6 suction hose or the 97 GT o-ring in between the reservoir and pump.

gary, did you replace the steering u-joint??

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,545 Posts
the dealer could look it up for you on their system, but many people have used hardware store or car parts store o-rings for that.

at present I have one of those turquoise-colored ones in there from an assortment pack sold for A/C system repairs.

Maybe as well inspect the hose and consider replacing those two spring clamps with screw-type hose clamps. protect the accessory belt from spillage with a rag. Don't over-torque the bolt when replacing the fitting.

Consider swapping out a tankful of fluid at least. ATF Dex III

1 - 4 of 4 Posts