Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 2015 outback serviced and asked them to look at a window issue. Since then (i didn't notice it at the time... it's hot so not much window rolling down) the driver side control cannot roll down the passenger window and neither has the auto up/down working. I imagine the tech just forgot to reconnect something. any ideas? hopefully not too hard to get to. I'm sure they will fix it for free, but I'm moving across the country in a week and the dealership is 2 hours away and i just don't think i have time to go there.

The original window issue is that the passenger side seems to not be set on its track correctly and would continually roll down when it hits the top when auto going up. I can clearly see that the window is slightly angled forward. This issue had been going on for the life of the vehicle and they seem to be unable to keep it fixed. Drives me nuts.

·
Registered
215 Posts
If they disconnected your battery you might have to reset them. Happened to me.
I don't remember exactly but I believe you have to pull on the drivers panel and hold the non responsive control up at the same time. Might need another person to help if you can't reach.
I called to get instructions.
I'd say call and ask.
Good luck

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,239 Posts
Search is your friend...

SEARCH "Resetting Passenger side Window"

Or

Shake the dust off your Owners Manual..........Initialization of power window p. 2-36 for 2015 Outback.

Or

:google:

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah... i did drain the battery by leaving a light on all day and night from installing my trailer hitch. maybe that's what did it. thanks, i will look up the reset thing and report back.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will that was easy! Just in case anytime else finds this thread, it's easy to reset the power windows, just roll window all the way down, then up halfway, then pull the button all the way to the auto position up and hold it until about 5 seconds after the window is fully up. Done.

Still have my original window issue, but that's another long thread/story. Thanks for the tips guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts