Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Outback Base. Drivers side power window will go down easy. Either one touch all the way or bit by bit, no problem. Until you want it to go up. I pull the switch, I hear a slight 'click' of a relay activating, but the window sometimes goes up all the way, some of the way or not at all. I've cleaned the window of snow, ice, cosmic dust etc.... Down? No problem. Up? Usually a problem. I was sent to a body shop because the local Subaru shop says they had to plasma cut a door panel off to fix the last one and the Subaru dealer wants $125 to diagnose plus whatever it takes to repair. Any ideas?

·
Registered
18,732 Posts
There are threads/posts here with similar problems that were traced to bad/dirty contacts in the switch so this might be one possibility. If I recall correctly, some found that the contacts could be cleaned to restore operation; in other cases the switch was replaced. Try some searching of the forum . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts