Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m more than 3k miles away from first oil and filter change and the reminder date on both is set for 8/18/2020 yet I’m suddenly being alerted that oil and filter change are due when I start the car. What in the world is triggering this alert early?

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Onyx Edition XT
79 Posts
If you bought your car on 2/18/2020 that would be correct. 6 months or 6,000 miles which ever come first. Today, I just reset mine for 6 months. I got the oil change today at 4,000 miles. So My next one is due at 10,000 or 1/31/2021 which ever comes first. I manually added the service I got from Jiffy Lube. Their filter looks too small, I'm thinking of Upgrading. I'm trying to Figure out which Filter fits... Because of the frequent oil changes, I'm going to Jiffy Lube for oil changes. When you reset it does not automatically add the date, only the miles; I had to put the date in Manually. The subaru app can show you the last date of service. It is not the settings app, there is another app, I can't remember what it is called. "Car Info" or something like that...

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Their filter looks too small, I'm thinking of Upgrading. I'm trying to Figure out which Filter fits...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Actually someone else answered my question in a different thread. After I test the Mobil 1 Oil Filter "M1-108A"(<Link to other thread) I will add it to the list by posting to that thread, thank you... I really like the way I can add to the list of completed services I have done in the MySubaru app. I also like the way the remainder system works.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you bought your car on 2/18/2020 that would be correct. 6 months or 6,000 miles which ever come first. Today, I just reset mine for 6 months. I got the oil change today at 4,000 miles. So My next one is due at 10,000 or 1/31/2021 which ever comes first. I manually added the service I got from Jiffy Lube. Their filter looks too small, I'm thinking of Upgrading. I'm trying to Figure out which Filter fits... Because of the frequent oil changes, I'm going to Jiffy Lube for oil changes. When you reset it does not automatically add the date, only the miles; I had to put the date in Manually. The subaru app can show you the last date of service. It is not the settings app, there is another app, I can't remember what it is called. "Car Info" or something like that...
Yes, the dates are correct as set (8/18/20) however it's been alerting me that oil and filter maintenance is due now and has been doing this since middle of July. It's not 8/18 yet and I'm a long way away from hitting the mileage setting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm guessing it starts alerting 1 month before it's due, to give you time to make an appointment. DId the alerts start on July 18? And it'll alert to which ever comes first, date or mileage.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm guessing it starts alerting 1 month before it's due, to give you time to make an appointment. DId the alerts start on July 18? And it'll alert to which ever comes first, date or mileage.
I also started getting alerts early. (My purchase date was 2/8/2020.) Actually, I’ve been busy and thought I was well past the 6 month mark. Actually, I was 8 days early. I do like the system of reminders, I feel more in control. The Jiffy Lube guys couldn’t figure it out. It will always be easier for me to update. All the warnings cleared up once I reset it after my Oil Change and Tire rotation.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don’t recall if it started alerting on 7/18 or not. I would have expected a different message prior to 8/18 such as “....service due soon” rather than a message that implies its on or past due. My XV Crosstrek has a screen of icons on startup indicating green, yellow, red where yellow indicates approaching service and red it’s on or past due. By the way, I scoured the owner’s manual to see if the maintenance alerts start ahead of set schedule date/mileage but found nothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts