Subaru Outback Forums banner

Prestige subaru NJ fail.

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Kb3tzt 
#1 ·
Purchase a 2018 OB 2.5 limited sales person was great, price was great, trade in value was good. 24hrs after the purchase on of my employees says "nice whip did you buy. With that dent". Naturally my reply haha funny. Apparently he wasn't kidding! The passenger rear door had huge dent in it. No paint marking or missing so it wasn't another car it ran from about 7 o'clock to 1 o'clock (see video below). I took it back gm said he would cover it @ no cost to me. He said it looked like "defective metal". Bummer but the owned the damage everything is still great till I get it in for the repair a week later. I explained to service Manger that we were going on a long 1k mi trip in 14 days. I explained that if I wouldn't have the car back in time for the trip no problem I will bring in when we're back. The service manger reassured me that it would only take 5-7 days tops. I PROMISE You. They did give me a loner a dirty base model 18 OB. When I mean dirty inside and out has never seen a vacuum or car wash. Ok whatever I can deal. With it for a week.. 7 days go by I start calling to see the status of the repairs. I don't know when you'll get the car back, were trying to find. Out the status now. Informed him that the rental car I have is not going to cut it. I bought the model I did for the safety features ect. This is unacceptable in need a new rental. 5 days till trip I start calling daily. No answers but we working on getting you a new rental from enterprise. You will have a better rental or your car will be done before you leave for your trip (2nd) I PROMISE. Fwd to the day we're supposed to leave wife calls to make. Sure it ok to pick up our car or new rental only hear we have neither. Wife is nursing baby and in tears. So naturally I haul ass to the dealership and ask for the GM. He had no answers or solution. I asked to see our car at the body shop next door. Completely disassembled and only primer on the door.. I told the body shop owner my beef wasn't with them but the service manager and GM for making promises they had no control over or couldn't keep. Body guy makes 1 phone call to enterprise and says I can get you a yukon in 30 mins. I looked over at the GM and said ain't the some **** you and your people tried for days to get me a better rental with no success and this guy gets me a new rental in 30 mins..

The GM tried buying me with free oil changes and even uped it to full service plan and I said no ty. I do not have any faith in your service DEPT. We're in the process of contacting sibaof America and see if they over the same things only @ another dealer..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
any subaru dealer can and will perform warranty work, no regardless of purchase location. only problem will be that you get bumped to the bottom of the totem poll. i bought my car used from a honda dealer, and my local subaru dealer has bent over backwards taking care of me. as the logic goes, its the service department the makes and breaks sales.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.