Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Subaru Outback limited 2.5. Soon after I got the car I disabled the seat belt chime using the 20 click belt method. About a week ago I had some work done on the vehicle and they disconnected the battery and the seat belt chime was back on. This work was done at an independent body shop and not a Subaru dealer. No problem so I thought. I'll just reset it. I have attempted this about 10 times and I can't silence it. Most of the attempts have been the recommended practice as follows: Push the start button twice, don't touch the brake. Insert and release the seat belt buckle 20 times within 30 seconds and remove the buckle. Push the start button to turn off ignition. Don't touch the brake. Start car normal procedure and the chime should be off during driving although the seat belt is not attached. I have tried several variations of the procedure, more than 20 clicks, only push the start button once, etc. Any suggestions as to what else I could look for or procedures to take? Thanks.
Bruce

1 - 1 of 1 Posts