Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Outback 3.6R MY 2010
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo Everyone

I am a happy owner of Outback 3.6R imported from USA. Actually I was till yesterday when AT OIL TEMP popped up and tranny started jerking when changing gears. A P1718 error and U0073 popped up also - checked with my OBDII scanner.

Here in Poland we have normal winter condition, I didn't torture OBK during the ride (covered 100 miles). I didn't slide or whatsoever. Normal motorway ride with 100 mph top. Several times I played with paddles.

I will be grateful for all suggestions you what could happen.

Today I started engine and AT OIL TEMP was off. Maybe it just cooled down

Tom

Additionaly I took my previous OBK MY 2006 after 2 months of break. She had problems with pulling back, AT OIL TEMP blinked. As I understand the oil had too low temperature after 2 months of break. She is in the garage but air temp is low. I think that my younger OBK had opposite AT OIL problem - maybe it was to hot?

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
15,462 Posts
These are communication error codes in the CAN and LAN circuits. It could be a loose or bad ground, weak ground, bad battery or alternator or one of the modules is having issues.

Check the amperage output of the battery.

Check ground conductance between battery and engine block, battery and body and battery and firewall.

Check the alternator output and performance.

If those check good, follow the chart attached. If you find something that leads you to check something off the chart, let me know and I'll post that chart.

Attachments

·
Registered
Outback 3.6R MY 2010
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are communication error codes in the CAN and LAN circuits. It could be a loose or bad ground, weak ground, bad battery or alternator or one of the modules is having issues.

Check the amperage output of the battery.

Check ground conductance between battery and engine block, battery and body and battery and firewall.

Check the alternator output and performance.

If those check good, follow the chart attached. If you find something that leads you to check something off the chart, let me know and I'll post that chart.
Thank you very much! I will let you know what my mechanic discovered, but for sure I am going to tell him about it.

Was this tranny jerking due to this problem? I read that she could have switched into SAFE MODE.

Tom

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
15,462 Posts
Any time you have a ground issue or communication issue, the transmission will act up. The shifts are controlled by electric solenoids which rely on good current flow. If the current is lacking, control suffers.

Think of it like a laptop with a low battery. The software runs slow or limited. Same with your car.

Any vehicle manufactured that uses full electronic shifting will suffer a transmission issue before any other with a low output battery or poor grounding.

·
Registered
Outback 3.6R MY 2010
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any time you have a ground issue or communication issue, the transmission will act up. The shifts are controlled by electric solenoids which rely on good current flow. If the current is lacking, control suffers.

Think of it like a laptop with a low battery. The software runs slow or limited. Same with your car.

Any vehicle manufactured that uses full electronic shifting will suffer a transmission issue before any other with a low output battery or poor grounding.
The next day there was no problem with any of mentioned errors. I successfully managed to get to my workshop. The mechanic found nothing, battery is OK 12,5V, ground is OK. Maybe it was due to some slides, and she did not like it. I covered 300 miles and all seems to be OK.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts