Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 outback with the 4 cylinder and automatic transmission. It is a limited model. We have about 15,000 miles on our car.

We were on our way back from a South Dakota trip today and were on our last leg of the trip when it all happened. I was driving about 70 miles per hour with the cruise control on. I went to adjust the speed with the steering wheel control and the cruise control stopped working. The cruise indicator light is flashing, the brake light is on, the check engine light is on and the dynamic steering light is also on. At this time the cruise control will not work.

We have checked the gas cap and it is tight. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
Your car's computer detected a problem, as you already know. Take it to the dealer. If your curious most auto parts stores like Autozone will read the code for you for free.

Non of us can even begin to advise you until we know what the code is. The car is programmed to disable the cruise and light up the dash board like Christmas when the "computer throws a code."

At 15k you should be under warranty so it's a dealer thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts