Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI... Subaru is no longer selling Crystal Black Silica 2013 Outbacks with eyesight. However, a few of them are at dealers--who;'ve told me they didn't get that info yet.

Here's the news from Subaru N.A.:
Fuji Heavy Industries performs extreme hot weather testing in Death Valley, CA. before placing vehicles to market. Based upon this hot weather testing, it has been found that extreme heat could compromise the EyeSight system. For this reason, EyeSight is not offered on Crystal Black Silica Outback vehicles. Fuji Heavy Industries and Subaru want to help keep their owners safe and their vehicles functioning properly.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Wasn't there a thread asking why any of the dark colors was not offered with the eye sight system and one of the posters was told by Subaru that the heat generated by the darker colors caused some type of issue with the electronics resting against the roof line?

Pretty sure it was never available to start with in that color.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That may be, but I couldn't find the thread.. which is why I posted this. I had at least two dealers offer me the car within the past week.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Graphite is OK. No problems.. I asked Subaru N.A. about this specifically. It seems surprising to me since it is so close in color.
Good choice on the graphite, I love how it looks, but wanted a light interior.. which they don't sell together.

·
Registered
89 Posts
That may be, but I couldn't find the thread.. which is why I posted this. I had at least two dealers offer me the car within the past week.
That is so bizarre. I was the one who got the email from SOA, but I can't find the thread either.

I had planned on getting the Indigo because I wanted the Ivory interior. (What I really wanted was the Graphite with Ivory.) I'm still very hesitant to get the Indigo. It's so close to black.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has Indigo and Eyesight. I haven't seen it available at dealers in the Northeast. As a matter of fact, I've only seen Eyesight on silver, dark gray and green.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If the 2013 Navigation is anything like Eyesight, I would avoid both them. My WAZE free GPS iphone application blows the socks of my factory installed navigation. I didnt have a choice with the special appearance package coming with navigation but I give Subarua a D- on their navigation. Overall, Im happy with my 2013 but the GPS sucks. The eyesight was never a consideration for me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have Waze, tomtom in my iphone. But i do not think the Nav is that bad. The nav in 13 is actually an iGO system, which is comparable with tomtom and garmin. Traffic wise tomtom is the best.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is so bizarre. I was the one who got the email from SOA, but I can't find the thread either.

I had planned on getting the Indigo because I wanted the Ivory interior. (What I really wanted was the Graphite with Ivory.) I'm still very hesitant to get the Indigo. It's so close to black.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has Indigo and Eyesight. I haven't seen it available at dealers in the Northeast. As a matter of fact, I've only seen Eyesight on silver, dark gray and green.
Hi Carteach,

I found a few dealers with the indigo (I think one was Russell in Baltimore). Like you I wanted the graphite with the ivory. I ended up with the white/ivory/eyesight. But, there aren't many Outbacks with eyesight on the ground.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the 2013 Navigation is anything like Eyesight, I would avoid both them. My WAZE free GPS iphone application blows the socks of my factory installed navigation. I didnt have a choice with the special appearance package coming with navigation but I give Subarua a D- on their navigation. Overall, Im happy with my 2013 but the GPS sucks. The eyesight was never a consideration for me.
For me the eyesight is more important than the navigation. I'm on I-95 twice a day and get tired of turning cruise control on and off, eyesight makes this much easier.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Carteach,

I found a few dealers with the indigo (I think one was Russell in Baltimore). Like you I wanted the graphite with the ivory. I ended up with the white/ivory/eyesight. But, there aren't many Outbacks with eyesight on the ground.
Congrats on your new car. What made you decide on the white?

Did the Indigo cars you're referring to have Eyesight? You're right. Very few with eyesight and most of those are silver. Right now I'm driving a dark gray Acura with a beige interior. It's six years old and I still love the color combination.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
carteach
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing