Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am having a frustrating problem and wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same. I have an iPhone 4s which I connect via USB Media Hub to my 2011 Outback Limited (with HK system). Prior to the most recent iOS update, I had no issues with the media hub/radio recognizing my phone or iPod (though I have always found the system a bit cumbersome to navigate but this is a different story altogether). It seems that since the most recent iOS6 update, when I plug my phone in, it will charge, but the system will still say "Empty/stop" when I select the media input. The weird thing is that if I try to scroll through my albums or artists, the system can see what's on my phone (I can easily scroll through) but it will not play any music (when I stop on an album, artist or song, it again displays "Empty/stop"). I have tried different cables - Apple and aftermarket - with no difference. The phone will charge, but will not play music. When I select the music icon on the phone, it appears the same as it did prior to the update (displays that the phone is connected and controlled through the media hub)

Has anyone else experienced this? I am, because of my frustrations with navigating the system in general, at the point where I just want to scrap it and get an aftermarket system, however as finances won't allow this right now, I'd like to figure out how to fix it if possible? Does the system need some kind of firmware update to account for the newest iOS or something (i'm obviously not that tech-oriented!)?

HELP!

Brian

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
My friends 4S connects to Bluetooth and USB just fine (yes he has version 6 too).

My guess is that it's a software issue (as I'm sure you suspect) with the phone. I would say more but I know little about iOS. I would try adding some new music and see if it can connect to that file.

·
Registered
351 Posts
No problems with different phone models and the v6 software here. I do see people thinking they're making the USB connection but he phone is paired with Bluetooth. It's easy enough to turn Bluetooth off or go to the car's settings to see if it's connected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
imwjl
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing