Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 OB Limited 2.5 Ice Silver Metallic
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd post some pics of my Proclipusa.com "left mount" for those looking for a gps mount. Hopefully these can help any one looking for a different option.

I used a 17mm Arkon ball mount adaptor from eBay for $5 and attached it with 3M double stick tape to the proclip. (The 17mm ball adaptor from proclip was $35!!)

Sorry if the pic did not load up correctly.

Fredy

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Happen to have the Pro-Clip part# on the pillar mount? What year is your Outback?
This style of Proclip Pillar Left mount is only available for 4th Gen OB's.
My 2013 was recently totaled in an accident. I purchased a 2015 (5th Gen) and it does not work with our model OB's. Unfortunately they aren't making one for the 5th Gens either :-(

I'm actually selling it for $25 shipped in the conti US.

Fredy

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd be majorly concerned of that becoming a lethal projectile if the air bag deploys.
Here maybe this video will help you. It will not become a "lethal projectile" upon airbag deployment. A pillar cover ejects toward the front of the dash. Thanks for your concern though :wink2:

Cut and paste link if it doesn't work on here.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whats really crazy is that my air bags did not deploy on impact.

Attachments

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,110 Posts
Unrelated but funny story. I have a Garmin Nuvicam which uses a magnetic attachment system, all but necessitating using the windshield suction cup mounting system. All the more so because it has a dash cam built in and you wouldn't want it on the pillar anyway. The camera has a shock sensor that automatically saves the 3 minutes before an "event" and several minutes after - recording a crash for example. One day, after my daughter drove the car, I decided to check the unit. I was surprised to find several recordings of events stored in the GPS/Dash cam. I thought she must have been flying over speed bumps or parking using the braille method. Nope. She hadn't used the little lever on the suction cup mount to secure the Garmin dock to the windshield. I have half a dozen videos from the perspective of the dash cam tumbling into her or her friend's laps. Glad I left the sound on, I didn't know my princess could cuss like that! :)

·
Premium Member
2014 Outback 2.5 Limited CVT
59 Posts
Unrelated but funny story. I have a Garmin Nuvicam which uses a magnetic attachment system, all but necessitating using the windshield suction cup mounting system. All the more so because it has a dash cam built in and you wouldn't want it on the pillar anyway. The camera has a shock sensor that automatically saves the 3 minutes before an "event" and several minutes after - recording a crash for example. One day, after my daughter drove the car, I decided to check the unit. I was surprised to find several recordings of events stored in the GPS/Dash cam. I thought she must have been flying over speed bumps or parking using the braille method. Nope. She hadn't used the little lever on the suction cup mount to secure the Garmin dock to the windshield. I have half a dozen videos from the perspective of the dash cam tumbling into her or her friend's laps. Glad I left the sound on, I didn't know my princess could cuss like that! :)
Aren't daughters sweet? Mine cusses like a sailor and I'm a Marine! lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm selling this mount for $25 shipped in the Conti US.

Car was totaled in an accident so It's available since it won't fit 5th gen OB's.

ONLY works with 4th Get OB's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.