Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent an email yesterday to SOA to see if they can provide production info on the # of MY04 OBS that were produced/sold in 5MT and 4EAT and the different colors. They are checking with their distribution dept and will be back in touch. I will report it when I hear back.

I am curious about this info as I have seen VERY few 04 Outback Sports either on lots or on the road. It certainly is not marketed at all, and not many people know or realize that it is an Impreza.

Just an FYI if anyone else is interested.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
The OBS is still made in Japan also, so they have to literally import then. Anyway, my MY02 is still rare, especially in Sedona Red Pearl. I did however, yesterday, finally see one just like mine with tinted windows, that's a first for me in over two years seeing one in my year, color, tint.
That's just how rare those babies are here in the Omaha area. I can't wait for you to post the real #'s, Brian

·
I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
212 Posts
There is a chart on Subaru's Media Site that lists model sales from 1968-2002, under Corporate Info. not what you're looking for, but interesting.

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, there were 13 2 door Imprezas sold in 2002. Too bad the Impreza wagon sales are not broken down into models on that chart.

Just heard from SOA. They can provide MY04 OBS #s of 4EAT vs. 5MT and will do so shortly, but not specific colors.

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I received the response from SOA Distribution Dept.. No breakdown on colors, but here it is:

Impreza Outback Sport 4EAT - 2004 - 4,285
Impreza Outback Sport MT5 - 2004 - 2,050

·
I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
212 Posts
wow- I guess we've got pretty unique cars.

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have the manual or auto? Even those #s seem high to me. That might be what was shipped from Japan and not sales numbers. I have not seen another 04 on the road at all I don't think.

·
I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
212 Posts
I have the 5spd.

I see a silver, white, and a green regularly- But the Subaru population is pretty high down here.

I've seen a red one and another blue one once.

I'm going to a new Subaru owners thing tonight at Prestige- so maybe I'll see some others.

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool. Well yours IS rare then. I have the 4EAT. Still, that is not many cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts