Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,716 Posts
AJ Foyt was once asked what he thought of all the new technologies in race cars and his reply that I'm paraphrasing was, "I'm just gonna run the b!tch 'til she blows anyway."

That's my answer.

·
Registered
2018 LTD 3.6R OB Tungsten
9 Posts
I sold my Jeep Grand Wagoneer when it was twenty five years old. I hope my 2018 OB 3.6 Ltd will perform that well. If it does, I’ll be so old the authorities will come and take my driver’s license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,312 Posts
Abt 3-7 years. Depends on what new useful technology might be available. Especially useful for older drivers.

Reactions: Brad99

·
Registered
2018 Subaru OB Premium
260 Posts
About 63 months

Then hopefully it's held it's resale so well that I can trade into a new Outback or maybe an Ascent

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5 Premium w/ power moonroof, dimming mirrors and power hatch. All weather package
364 Posts
I kept my 2000 OB for 17 years. If the 2017 OB is as reliable possibly just as long.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Limited 3.6R
75 Posts
I am hoping to get the same amount of miles and years out of my 05 forester that I just traded in 4 days ago for my 2016 outback, which was 200,000 miles (well just shy).

·
Registered
'17 Outback 2.5i Premium
144 Posts
I had my '90 legacy wagon for 12 years and my '02 LGT wagon for 15, so I hope my '17 OB will be with me even longer.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
3 years/36k miles, whichever comes first. It will be gone in the not too distant future.

Reactions: FLWhite*17 and kdl

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5i with CVT
44 Posts
Hoping for 20 years unless they come out with a turbo variant and I am in a position to trade up (turbo unlikely as they just killed it in the forester for '19). As it sits now she does literally everything that I need in a car so there really is no need to trade or buy anything else. Also, the 2.5 is plenty of car for what I do, no need for any more power when 90 plus percent of driving occurs in town in traffic.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,322 Posts
Hoping for 20 years unless they come out with a turbo variant and I am in a position to trade up (turbo unlikely as they just killed it in the forester for '19). As it sits now she does literally everything that I need in a car so there really is no need to trade or buy anything else. Also, the 2.5 is plenty of car for what I do, no need for any more power when 90 plus percent of driving occurs in town in traffic.
????

turbo is likely.

3.6 should get killed off and replaced by the 2.4T that is in the Ascent.
(Ascent, that you should be able to see in dealers with sales tags on them as soon as June of this year,
...the ones that have been ordered / delivered)..

in US spec years:

announcements on 2020 power plants should happen around november/ december this year,

and the shrouds drop on the 2020 legacy next feb chicago, and 2020 outback next March NYC.

____

and I would think the limited production forester turbo, may come back sometime. in FA20T or maybe FA24T.

____

and updated thread title. from just "ownership"

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5i with CVT
44 Posts
????

turbo is likely.

3.6 should get killed off and replaced by the 2.4T that is in the Ascent.
(Ascent, that you should be able to see in dealers with sales tags on them as soon as June of this year,
...the ones that have been ordered / delivered)..

in US spec years:

announcements on 2020 power plants should happen around november/ december this year,

and the shrouds drop on the 2020 legacy next feb chicago, and 2020 outback next March NYC.

____

and I would think the limited production forester turbo, may come back sometime. in FA20T or maybe FA24T.

____

and updated thread title. from just "ownership"

Didn't realize there was a chance they were gonna kill the 3.6 and replace with turbo, wonder if they may kill the 2.5 then as well and only offer the 2.4 ascent turbo motor, either way it's unlikely I'm going to trade just for a turbo motor, seeing as how what I have drives so well as is. Good looking out though, I will be on the lookout for the 6th gen outback news.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited with Eyesight, Forest Green
92 Posts
We keep cars a long time. Planning on 10 years for my OB.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,322 Posts
Didn't realize there was a chance they were gonna kill the 3.6 and replace with turbo, wonder if they may kill the 2.5 then as well and only offer the 2.4 ascent turbo motor, either way it's unlikely I'm going to trade just for a turbo motor, seeing as how what I have drives so well as is. Good looking out though, I will be on the lookout for the 6th gen outback news.
2019 next gen forester coming out in the fall will have a slightly updated FB25 in it. (with a little bump in hp/torque over what is currently in a forester/legacy/outback).

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...fficial-2019-forester-debut-nyc-autoshow.html

see more in this section
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/68-news-media/

·
Registered
'17 Outback Limited 3.6R in Venetian Red.
480 Posts
As long as possible since my car is already paid off. I've had a bad habit of buying a new car every few years, but it's hard on the bank account. With three young kids, I plan on keeping my Outback for a LONG time, and handing it down to my son when he's 16. (he's only 5 now). At that point, I'm not sure what cars will be out on the road, but I would get something like a sports sedan or sports car.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Our general rule is 10yrs. My prior 01 Legacy GT Limited 5spd was replaced at 10yrs but only due to wanting more space found in the 2010 we bought really late in 2010.

The 2010 OB will be a 10yr deal. Most likey replaced with a Ascent in a yr or 2.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Limited
440 Posts
Just until I can convince myself that I can take the plunge and go electric. No more motor oil threads, rusted mufflers, complaining about gas prices, etc.
I also expect that my next car will be electric, although it might be 10 years before I give up my 2017 OB to take that plunge. (Electric cars are already quite good, but the charging infrastructure isn't yet widespread enough, especially in rural areas.)

Then we'll be complaining about electricity prices instead of gas prices.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts