Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Premium
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited a dealer today and I’ve decided on the Outback I want, but now that I’m home doing math I think I should wait four months and pile up more money for a down payment.

Do you guys have a sense of when the 0% financing comes and goes? This current one ends early January and I wouldn’t want to miss out if they don’t offer it again once my pile of money gets really high!

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Forester Premium, Crystal Black Silica, Pkg 15
1,708 Posts
They've had 0% financing for a while, with some exclusions during new model launches, etc.

Usually the 0% will be for a certain term, such as 36 months, and they'll still have very good rates for longer terms. When the new model year hits, such as the 2019's, they may have a brief uptick in rates, which will help get rid of the 2018 inventory... The Crosstrek has always had a higher rate, it's very very popular right now.

Cars101.com is a great wealth of information about this.

The 0% has been extended several times. My guess is that this'll continue until we see a sales slowdown, and then they'll start creeping back in. It's been 72 consecutive months of increased sales volume so far. (By the way, the interest on promotional "0%" offers is essentially paid by Subaru Corporate... So there is a cost associated with it to the bottom line of the corporate revenue/profit...)

When I bought my Legacy I think it was 3.9 for 36 months. When I bought my Outback, I think it was 0.9 for 36. For me, personally, if I'm anywhere at or below 1% interest, I'll just extend the term as long as I can and not put anything down. Sure, the payment is substantial (around $300 per 10k financed for a 36 month term, so $900 per month for 36 if the sale price was 30k...), but I could then invest that money I didn't put into the down payment and come away with a little cash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts