Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R Limited, Graphite Gray & 2002 Chevy Suburban LS 2500 4x4 6.0 V-8(Retired) 2009 Chevy Suburban LS 2500 4x4 6.0
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
78 Posts
So, as the 'fix' to the possible short circuiting of puddle lights is to simply add an in-line 250mA fuse that will blow before the lamps overheat, would Subaru be responsible to providing a life-time free fuse replacement as they are going to replace a 'working fine' fuse with a weaker fuse to fix the problem. Seems you bought the OB with a fuse that would probably never blow. Then Subaru discovers that to cure the source of the problem (salt water seepage) they would need to do major work, so instead they simply ignore the proper fix and put in a weaker fuse which WILL fail when the salt water from the road splashes into the lamp location.

"We know what the problem is but it will be expensive to fix so we will add an in-line fuse which will fail instead and you can pay the dealer to replace the fuse each time it fails."

Just saying

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,229 Posts
"real subie owners don't have puddle lights"

wow, you went there...

ok....

I think that since I bought a 2003 OB Limited, here in So Cal when back then there were VERY few of them down here, and against all my friends warnings (I was a 32 year old single male and all I heard was "mom car, lesbian car, station wagon"- blah blah blah) , drove it proudly to 240,000 miles in 10 years (even slept in it quite a few nights in the cold mountains, and convinced no less than 3 people in that 10 years to purchase a new Subaru when before me they wouldnt have considered it, and now just bought a brand new replacement 2013 OB Limited SAP......

I think that I, my kind sir, can be counted as a real subie owner.

and I LOVE my puddle lights on this new car.

;)

joking aside.... your comment reminded me that some years back I actually heard the phrase "real men dont drive Subarus".

But then I never did listen to people who insist on life being about inclusion in some club.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,336 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.