Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Touring
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded my 2011 outback bought new for a 2012 H6 and so new to me are puddle lights, my question is why are they not on for the passenger side?
I called the dealer and they were no help
my 11 did not have them and my new to me 12 does, but they only light up on the drivers side. I was not sure the passenger side even had them as I can not find much info about them. layed down under the car and it looks to me like there are lights on the passenger side. so far all fuses look to be good. I did not check them with a meter just by looking
so anyone have an idea?
oh when I called the dealer I ask about a recall on the puddle lights and they say I am ok and good to go. this car did not have a recall on them

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6R
510 Posts
I have Puddle lights on both sides of my 2012 3.6R Outback. I suspect you have a broken or disconnected wire somewhere.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
IIRC only 2013's miss the recall. I believe the recall is to install an inline fuse in the wheelwell. Did you buy from this dealer? I would contact SOA with your VIN# and get a straight answer. If you're under 36k miles it's a warranty item.

·
Registered
2012 Impreza Sport Ltd 2013 Outback Limited SAP
1,495 Posts
I just traded my 2011 outback bought new for a 2012 H6 and so new to me are puddle lights, my question is why are they not on for the passenger side?
I called the dealer and they were no help
my 11 did not have them and my new to me 12 does, but they only light up on the drivers side. I was not sure the passenger side even had them as I can not find much info about them. layed down under the car and it looks to me like there are lights on the passenger side. so far all fuses look to be good. I did not check them with a meter just by looking
so anyone have an idea?
oh when I called the dealer I ask about a recall on the puddle lights and they say I am ok and good to go. this car did not have a recall on them
If this a new OB and the sticker indicated that it had the puddle light option, than I would go back to the dealer and ask them to fix them. They should work for both dies (had then in my 2010 and 2013 OB). I think that you asked the dealer the wrong question - the question that you should have asked is: "Why don't the puddle lights work on the passenger side?". Now ask the dealer to fix it - under warranty, of course.

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i limited
212 Posts
Yeah... Lights should be on both sides.

Call the dealer back and say, "Fix my passenger side lights. Do it for free. Thankyouverymuch."

·
Registered
2019 Touring
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone
I will call them back and set an appointment for repair

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i Dark Blue Pearl/Ivory w'Eyesight
703 Posts
Unless they were installed aftermarket, and the prior owner only installed them on the drivers side, all factory installed puddle lights are on both the drivers and passenger sides. Mine are, showed them off just tonight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I purchased my '12 Outback with the puddle lights installed by the dealer before delivery. Illuminates under each door (but not under the rear hatch). The dealer should make this right under warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts