Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Satin white 2.5 Subaru Outback Limited w/ special appearance package
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been lurking here sometime now. Actually started a couple years ago with the wife & I trying to decide between either a Forester or Outback.
Wife decided at the time to go with the Forester. However a recent trip for service to our local Subie dealer led to a test drive in a 2013 Outback and.....

This is what we ordered :17:. It is slated to arrive 2/20/13.

2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
Satin White Pearl
Model Code: DDF
Option Code: 34 Special Appearance Package Including Aha
(Moonroof, Navigation, Smart Key, Memory Seat & More)
CVT Transmission
Factory Installed Options
B0A (B0A) FLOOR MATS, ALL WEATHER-SET OF 4
P0E (P0E) SPLASH GUARDS-OUTBACK
REA (REA) REMOTE ENGINE STARTER - SMART KEY SYSTEM

Looking to also pick up the side window deflectors, hood deflector, possibly the body side moldings (if they are actually functional), led lights for the rear plate, & tints.

Looking forward to being an active member here and hope to get a/some local meet(s) together this year. Always nice to get together with people that are passionate with your own interest (hence the forums).
Tried last year to get a Starved Rock meet together through the Forester, Legacy, Outback forums but turned into a bust.

Here is a link to pics of our Forester (& some from our baby Outback) on Subaruforester.org:

Trying to decide - Subaru Forester Owners Forum

Does anybody know if the yakima railgrabs with 48" bars will work off my Forester with the 2013 Outback rack?
Have been doing quit a bit of searching on this and have yet to come up with a definitive answer.

·
Premium Member
'02 Bean H6, AWP & ORP, factory hitch
3,113 Posts
Sounds like a really nice car, I'm sure you'll be happy with it! I personally favor the OB over the Forester because of it's more streamlined profile. There is still PLENTY of cargo room in the Outback, and it has a lower profile, feels to me as if when I'm in an OB more like a car, and the Forester feels more like a truck. The white paint is pretty, too. Mine is also the pearl white, and now that the sun has made an appearance, I'll try to post a pic of it today. 168k on 02 OBW, and still no major issues.

·
Registered
2013 Satin white 2.5 Subaru Outback Limited w/ special appearance package
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a really nice car, I'm sure you'll be happy with it! I personally favor the OB over the Forester because of it's more streamlined profile. There is still PLENTY of cargo room in the Outback, and it has a lower profile, feels to me as if when I'm in an OB more like a car, and the Forester feels more like a truck. The white paint is pretty, too. Mine is also the pearl white, and now that the sun has made an appearance, I'll try to post a pic of it today. 168k on 02 OBW, and still no major issues.
Did you purchase your OB new?
Would love to see some pics.

I agree, this is a few reasons why we decided to go with the OB at this time.
With the lower profile it is a little easier pulling the bikes off the rack, seems to have more cargo room, and as we do quite a bit of highway traveling, felt it was more civilized on the highway.

Also we are moving to Florida, the white paint should assist with keeping the interior cooler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts