Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Question first, Can I get all your opinions on a 2015 2.5 limited vs a 2017 3.6 limited? Both have Eyesight (any difference between years?). Any important changes between other features? If it matters I live in the Philadelphia area.

OK, broader details. I currently lease a 2015 Toyota Highlander and the lease is coming up at the end of the month. I've been looking at the outback for the last month and comparing to Honda/Toyota/Mazda/Hyundai I'm pretty much sold on the purchase of an outback. Before I was ready to purchase, I saw a 2015 3.6 without eyesight but that got snatched up before I was ready. While constantly monitoring Subaru CPO I came across a 2015 2.5 limited with eyesight (31.5K miles) that I had focused and had almost 100% decided on (was hoping to spend under 23k) with a 5 year loan. The 2015 2.5 does that, but I've gotten used to the v6 on the highlander and recently (3 days ago) came across a 2017 3.6r with eyesight (27.5K miles) I can afford the monthly payments on the 2017 if I stretch the loan to 6 years, but is it worth it for any other reasons then the 3.6? Side note, we also have a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe in 2.4l. We've managed to run it to 98k so far and have done many trips on it (one to and from FL) but with the highlander I've come to appreciate the extra UUHHNNFFF it has, but like I said, we've managed without it in the past.

Thanks

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,390 Posts
highlander 2 years, now considering another 2 years....are you tricking yourself into a 6 year lease when that's 3 times your typical ownership expectations?

if you have to stretch a loan to make payments then it may be on the verge of a terrible financial decision but I'm an outlier on topics such as this so i get that.

one thing that can sort of help a maxed out budget, planning, or emotional reasoning like "I just want a car under warranty", is see if you can add the Subaru extended warranty to the 2015 still, then you've got a "guarantee" of no surprise enormous repair bills which might be beneficial for someone stretching their budget. if it will help you comfortably keep the car 5 years instead of another 2 then that might be worth it.

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
56 Posts
if you have to stretch a loan to make payments then it may be on the verge of a terrible financial decision but I'm an outlier on topics such as this so i get that.
I agree with you.

There aren't too many differences between the 2015 and the 2017. However, I wouldn't go into 6 year loan land just to have newer.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,258 Posts
Both have Eyesight (any difference between years?).
The only difference in EyeSight between MY 2015 and MY 2017 is that the 2017 adds Lane Keeping Assist. However, the 2017 Limited trim does have auto dimming headlights and Rear Automatic Braking ... both separate subsystems totally independent of EyeSight ... that the 2015 does not.

Reactions: Jiffster#17

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5i
55 Posts
The only difference in EyeSight between MY 2015 and MY 2017 is that the 2017 adds Lane Keeping Assist. However, the 2017 Limited trim does have auto dimming headlights and Rear Automatic Braking ... both separate subsystems totally independent of EyeSight ... that the 2015 does not.
The RAB (Rear Automatic Braking) was one of the reasons we chose the 2017 over earlier models, and it saved my butt the other day, so I can say it was a wise choice.

Compare 2016 Subaru Outback VS 2015 Subaru Outback Features & Details

2017 Subaru Outback vs 2016 Subaru Outback

1 - 7 of 7 Posts