Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, This will be my first OB and im looking forward to it. Im getting a graphite grey premium CVT 2.5 with the all weather pkg.
Ill be making a trip to chicago area to get a great deal. I have a few questions about my purchase tho.
1. Can I get the new puddle lights installed by the dealer ?
2. Can I get the DVD headrests installed by the dealer?

Also do you guys think the financing rates offered now till monday will be offered again before the end of january. I have a lease thats not turned in till feb 1st. So I cant figure out if I should take the deal with the special rate now, Or hold off hoping I can get the same deal next month with the same rate?
Thats my toughest decision.

·
Registered
2013 3.6R SAP BBP Outback
717 Posts
Dealers can install any of the Subaru brand accessories. However, the full retail price plus dealer install costs will be steep. See if you can get discounts as part of the sale. Shop for interest rates whenever you are ready to buy. Chances are someplace will have a good rate, even if not Subaru. I've had the best luck with discounts off MSRP at the end of the month when dealers have to meet quotas.

·
Registered
2013 OB Limited, 2.5 w/Moonroof
163 Posts
Hey guys, This will be my first OB and im looking forward to it. Im getting a graphite grey premium CVT 2.5 with the all weather pkg.
Ill be making a trip to chicago area to get a great deal. I have a few questions about my purchase tho.
1. Can I get the new puddle lights installed by the dealer ?
2. Can I get the DVD headrests installed by the dealer?

Also do you guys think the financing rates offered now till monday will be offered again before the end of january. I have a lease thats not turned in till feb 1st. So I cant figure out if I should take the deal with the special rate now, Or hold off hoping I can get the same deal next month with the same rate?
Thats my toughest decision.
1. Yes, the pud's can be installed by any dealer (or you if you're handy). Look at different dealers though as "volume" dealers avoid such goodies to drive more "volume" sales and some "boutique" delaers want to load up cars to drive up their margins. What do you want to pay for? This is a nice feature I have on my car though a lot of after market shops could do it easily/safely.

2. Please, please don't buy DVD headrests! That's the worst use of capital I can think of IMHO. I bought a nice SUV with DVD system and the kids never used it. Even the little kids want "my own" screen. Buy a simple portalble DVD at Best Buy for a couple hundred $ and be happy. Buying a car DVD system is like buying a swimming pool on a house... only some people will buy it!

3. Do test drive now, but that new car lust in the holster until after Christmas. Then look for dealers in the suburbs/outskirts to make a deal or find a close-by dealer that works for you. Either way, play hard to get till late next month and I expect you'll save $1K or more.

4. No way to tell for sure, but it seems the special rates aren't going anywhere soon if the Federal Reserve keeps short-term rates low the next few years as they say they will.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I think Ill do the Pud lights myself. And the deal Im getting is msrp $27,800 ....deal $24,200. Which I think is a great deal. All I would hope for is the same deal in one month. I was offered that deal as a last day of the month deal from dealer "A", and long story short dealer "B" is giving me that deal monday the 3rd day of this month. I will be purchasing from dealer B, just dont know when.....
I would be mad if the new car went up in $$ the extra 2 car payments i want to save by waiting....

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,094 Posts
Depending on your credit score, you may get a better rate through another source. My dealer finance person checked around and saved me a few tenths beyond the Subaru interest rate at the time (they were offering 2.9%, I was qualified for 2.71%)

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
If you are happy with the deal as is, tell them you want the Puddles and DVD but you will only pay invoice for them. I bet one of them will accomodate you to finish the deal.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'm going to not do the DVDs. And install the puddle lights myself.
And the deal is only with cars in stock.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my 2013 Graphite Grey 2.5i premium CVT !!
Got the All Weather Pkg.
and preferred pkg #3 (mats, seat protectors, spash gaurds, rear bumper cover, wheel locks).

Out the door for $24,200 plus tax, plate, doc fee
Schamburg IL
Best price I found anywhere !
Thanks Guys

·
Registered
814 Posts
Got my 2013 Graphite Grey 2.5i premium CVT !!
Got the All Weather Pkg.
and preferred pkg #3 (mats, seat protectors, spash gaurds, rear bumper cover, wheel locks).

Out the door for $24,200 plus tax, plate, doc fee
Schamburg IL
Best price I found anywhere !
Thanks Guys
That's a good price, just curious does this car have a moonroof at that price? I paid $26.5 + lic & tax for my 2011 new, with sunroof, Harman Kardon, Sirius/XM, backup camera, mud guards, front & rear bumper protector, heated seats, all-weather mats, all-weather pkg. I think my cars MSRP was $29.9. This deal was not negotiated either, was listed on the dealers web site already lower than any other dealer in the area, then on top of that had a "red tag" discounted price hanging from the rear view mirror that was another $800 less than the online price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts