Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick and stupid question. I installed my new winter wheels today, with no TPMS in them, and fully expect my dash light to start blinking tomorrow. I've seen the electrical tape mod mentioned many times on here... do most of you who do that put the tape on the clear plastic over the gauges, or do you remove the plastic and cover the actual light itself? I'd prefer the latter probably, since the plastic is so far away from the gauges that I don't think tape on that would work at every angle. But I'm not sure how hard it is to get behind that panel, haven't ever tried to take one apart before. Any advice?

·
Registered
2007 Outback XT Ltd
847 Posts
I just added a square on top of the clear cover, in my direct line of sight. I can't see the light flashing, but at night the passenger in the front can see it. It's not a big deal. I sure wouldn't take the cluster apart just to put tape over the light. If I had it apart for another reason .... sure.

Try it outside first - it only takes minute to do. You can worry about getting more aggressive if it bothers you.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I guess I agree tearing the panel off is not worth the hassle. The light finally did come on but it doesn't actually bother me that much since it is solid and not blinking. Maybe I'll just ignore it, or keep it as a reminder that I need to manually check pressure often since I've ditched the sensors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts