Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Outback 2.5L H4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks...first post here...motivated to join this group b/c I crashed my '04 OB Wagon (2.5L, H4) the other day, and no collision insurance.:( Trying to put her back together as economically as possible therefore searching junk yards throughout FL. At the very least, I am going to need new hood, passenger fender, headlight, bumper and grill. Can anyone tell me what other OB and/or Legacy models would be compatible w/ mine for these parts? any other advice would be welcome too... Thx for your help!

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
I has wagons.
12,299 Posts
03 and 04 Outback will be identical.

00-02 Outback will be close enough to work.

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,929 Posts
03 and 04 Outback will be identical.

00-02 Outback will be close enough to work.
what about Legacy ? they're probably the same, not sure about head/fog lights though.

·
I has wagons.
12,299 Posts
Bumpers and grills are different, dunno about lights and hoods.

·
Registered
2004 Outback 2.5L H4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the info, SM! Re: your comment 00-02 being close enough to work with. Could you expound on that? Would it be a PITA to try to make 00-02 work? I am beginning to wonder if this will be worth it. My initial salvage searches haven't been too productive.

·
I has wagons.
12,299 Posts
I know the grill was changed in 03, I'm not sure if the bumper, hood, or headlights were affected by this.

The opposedforces.com website is a good source for part numbers, you can compare different years and see if the numbers are the same.

·
Registered
2010 OBW limited 2.5 CVT
1,602 Posts
The main problem is most cars in the salvage yards go in with frontend damage. With Subaru being a small segment of the population, good parts are hard to come by. If you are willing to pay some shipping, you may have better luck with online venders or some of the folks who post in the classified section here.

·
Registered
2004 Outback 2.5L H4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your feedback. Might I ask one more question?? Do you know if these parts from the H6/LLB model would be compatible w/ base model?

·
I has wagons.
12,299 Posts
If they are from the same years (03, 04), yes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts