Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
05,OBXT Limited EAT5, Stage 1, Custom 3inch catback exhaust with duel Vibrant Black Mufflers .
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddy has a 2006 OBXT and asked me what the specs are on the COBB AP3 tunes 1 thur 4 . I tried finding it out but could not .

Does anyone have the link that I can pass along for him? Currently he stock no modifications other than the banjo's being removed I told him 1st thing change the uppipe so I believe hes doing that next.

Thanks as always 馃

Registered
2006 OBXT 5-Speed, 1998 OB Auto
I think the specs are listed on Cobbs website. I too have a 2006 XT and will be doing my uppipe as well soon. I have the 93 octane stage 1 tune on a stock car currently. The biggest change is the smoother throttle response.

Registered
05,OBXT Limited EAT5, Stage 1, Custom 3inch catback exhaust with duel Vibrant Black Mufflers .
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I myself occurrently at stage one and I noticed a difference.
I know we have a thread on here about performance mods and it talks about increased torque and horsepower with the different stages it is but I could not tell him for sure if that is what Cobb is or that is what custom tunes .

Is Jesus also an automatic transmission.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the specs are listed on Cobbs website. I too have a 2006 XT and will be doing my uppipe as well soon. I have the 93 octane stage 1 tune on a stock car currently. The biggest change is the smoother throttle response.
93 octane I haven't found any of that around by me in Washington State only 92

Premium Member
2020 Onyx

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Are you adding octane boost to achieve that ?
Don't know what specs you're looking for but there's some info here:

Ty these will work. He was more concerned about going over 300 WHP & TQ with the stock Cobb stage 2 , His vehicle has a 170,000 miles on it.
I told him not to worry about it , That they are pretty much a safe tune that they run a little rich to avoid any knock issues and that it only comes down to how the driver treats the vehicle.

Registered
2006 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5L XT Limited
Are you adding octane boost to achieve that ?

Ty these will work. He was more concerned about going over 300 WHP & TQ with the stock Cobb stage 2 , His vehicle has a 170,000 miles on it.
I told him not to worry about it , That they are pretty much a safe tune that they run a little rich to avoid any knock issues and that it only comes down to how the driver treats the vehicle.
The stock maps can't get the car above 300WHP, so I think he should be good, unless he switched to a bigger turbo. Our turbos max out at 220WHP and 290ft. lbs of torque, which is where mine is at now. My tuner says, he cannot tune the car any faster with the stock turbo. Also your friend, might need other performance parts, like cobb downpipe. I am running a custom tune on my motor.

If your friend wants to get over 300whp, the stock engine and transmission, will not be secure over 300whp. So I would recommend he keeps that in mind.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The stock maps can't get the car above 300WHP, so I think he should be good, unless he switched to a bigger turbo. Our turbos max out at 220WHP and 290ft. lbs of torque, which is where mine is at now. My tuner says, he cannot tune the car any faster with the stock turbo. Also your friend, might need other performance parts, like cobb downpipe. I am running a custom tune on my motor.

If your friend wants to get over 300whp, the stock engine and transmission, will not be secure over 300whp. So I would recommend he keeps that in mind.
When you say stock maps you're talking about what come with the AP3 correct?

Registered
05 GT wagon, 09 Spec B, 18 3.6R Outback
Yes, he is. Cobb AP maps will not give you anywhere near 300whp.

My vf52 at 21psi makes 280whp 300ftlbs.

Reactions: ecornell

Registered
2005 XT Limited & 2012 3.6R Limited
If you check out my build thread you can see the direction I went with my XT build. I caught a Black Friday sale that included the AP and an ETune from a local shop (can dyno if I want to spend some more cash) for less than the normal price of the AP. Looking at the cost of the project, the etune is much cheaper than an engine replacement. Max's experience with a good tune reminds that these can be reliable cars if you know the platform and play into the strengths.

Reactions: fox212

Registered
2006 OBXT 5-Speed, 1998 OB Auto
You guys are getting me excited. I鈥檝e almost got all the go fast parts for my XT, including custom jmp VF52, cobb up/down, etc. Can鈥檛 wait!

Registered
2006 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5L XT Limited

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You guys are getting me excited. I鈥檝e almost got all the go fast parts for my XT, including custom jmp VF52, cobb up/down, etc. Can鈥檛 wait!
How many miles are on your engine currently?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts