Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this Discounted Warranty thread and it was quickly buried.

---

I am thinking about getting the extended warranty for my 2011. I'm about 1.5k miles from the end of the included 3yr/36k warranty. I've been reading through Subaru's site. It's hard to see if there are any major things that are not covered in the gold plus warranty.

Have any of you run into any 'fine print' issues with something you thought was covered, but really wasn't? I did see that there were some 'wear and tear' restrictions, but couldn't find out what they were. I'm guessing things like wipers, tires, etc. would be in the list of restrictions, but are any big ticket items like transmission (or specific parts of the transmission) in there as well?

For instance, I found this on the Subaru warranty site:
---
Does it cover wear and tear?
It doesn't if it specifically excludes "low compression or gradual reduction in operating performance."
---

Where can we find out what else is specifically excluded?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I posted this Discounted Warranty thread and it was quickly buried.

---

I am thinking about getting the extended warranty for my 2011. I'm about 1.5k miles from the end of the included 3yr/36k warranty. I've been reading through Subaru's site. It's hard to see if there are any major things that are not covered in the gold plus warranty.

Have any of you run into any 'fine print' issues with something you thought was covered, but really wasn't? I did see that there were some 'wear and tear' restrictions, but couldn't find out what they were. I'm guessing things like wipers, tires, etc. would be in the list of restrictions, but are any big ticket items like transmission (or specific parts of the transmission) in there as well?

For instance, I found this on the Subaru warranty site:
---
Does it cover wear and tear?
It doesn't if it specifically excludes "low compression or gradual reduction in operating performance."
---

Where can we find out what else is specifically excluded?

Call the 1-800 number and they will detail the specifics...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
G-Omaha
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing