Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rebuilding a ej25 motor and i'm ready to start assembly but i found this little spring in my wash tub. i'm not sure it goes with the motor just want to make sure. i've researched pics, read the manual, just seeing if anyone recognizes it. it's a spring. all of it. it is an 1-1/2" triangle. and i'm guessing it ended up in there cleaning one of my crankcase halves or my oil pump. it might have also just been something that didn't belong. any help would be nice. i just don't want to leave it out if it has a home. thanks

Attachments

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
15,980 Posts
I am no master. I will offer this.

It looks to me like the tension spring that is part of a crankshaft seal, cam seal, or even a differential seal. If you had to pry out old seals it could be from one of those. I think the triangle shape is not relevant. I think it is only in that shape because it got kinked in some way when it was separated from it's seal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
excellent call sir. you're a genius. looked at the new one and look what was hiding under the edge. you just alleviated some unnecessary anxiety. thank you very much.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts