Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Silver OB 2.5i MT
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've taken 2 different cars out (MT) for a test drive and they both seemed to shift not as smooth as they could of, especially 4th to 5th. Just wondering if this is normal or do manual transmissions actually have a "break-in" period? The 2004 I test drove actually seems a little smoother. Maybe I'm just not use to Subarus as I've never owned one...yet.

Also, I snowboard a lot, so I'll probably get a set of snow tires for the car. Anybody have any recommendations on tires? Blizzaks are pretty much out since they don't last long. I've been using Toyo Observes for past 4 years or so and they still have a lot of tread left. I'll probably have them mounted so I can change them myself. Is there a place I can get a cheaper set of rims for the winter tires? Does anybody do this themselves? Just wondering if I should have them balanced every so often?

thanks!

·
Registered
2013 XV Crosstrek
665 Posts
For my previous car, I knew that tirerack.com usually has a lot of winter "packages" with a set of cheap steel rims if you're not too particular with the looks or stuff...

Jay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts