Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, My GF owns a 2013 Outback and her taillights recently stopped working. The top middle brake light still works, but both the lower ones stopped. Because they both seemingly went out at the same time, I assumed it was not the bulbs. Also because the middle top brake light comes on, I assume it is not the brake switch at the peddle. I was looking at the fuse box listings and cannot find anything labeled 'Brake Lights'.. Does anybody know what fuse these would be under? There is a "Stop Light" fuse which is a strange way to label the brake lights, but that did not show as bad fuse. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
18,858 Posts
Not a fuse. All the stop lights are turned on and off together from the same power source, via the switch.

Because they both seemingly went out at the same time, I assumed it was not the bulbs.
"seemingly", but not necessarily (as implied by use of the word). I'd check the bulbs well before anything else.

I believe they are dual filament bulbs; one for the stop light, one for tail light. Easy to mistakenly conclude the stop light part is good based on seeing one good filament inside the bulb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts