Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Outback 3.6R Ltd- Nav, Eyesight, HK, Graphite Gray Metallic
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing an aftermarket device that turns my turn signal lights into DRLs, and it requires a switched 12v power line. This is a low-power device that can easily share power with another accessory on a 15a fuse.

My question is, does anyone know of a low-power switched line I can tap under the hood, or do I have to run the power wire through the firewall to the fuse box?

Thanks

p.s. I will be disabling the stock DRLs afterwards

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
If I am not mistaken (I don't have 3.6R) there is a fuse box in the engine compartment as well (besides the one, that is inside the car) .. why not tap it into something in there? You can get a fuse splitter and wire it that way. There would be no need to go through firewall....If you have a circuit tester you could find a line/wire /fuse that you could tap into....

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If I am not mistaken (I don't have 3.6R) there is a fuse box in the engine compartment as well (besides the one, that is inside the car) .. why not tap it into something in there? You can get a fuse splitter and wire it that way. There would be no need to go through firewall....If you have a circuit tester you could find a line/wire /fuse that you could tap into....
I've always assumed that contained high current stuff and relays, but I'll check it out.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Never-mind, I figured it out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts