Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
'02 Bean H6, AWP & ORP, factory hitch
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the o ring on the top PS hose of a 02 H6 OBW go all the way up the nipple, or does it sit where the nipple changes outside diameter? This may sound stupid, but the one that came off of it gave me no reference. I left it where the nipple flanges, it did ok yesterday, but now is making noise again. Should I run it all the way up, or do I have another problem?

·
Registered
'04 Outback Base, 146k miles
20 Posts
Sounds to me like you've put the o-ring in the right place. Only seen an OB ps hose from looking at diagrams now, but it seems there's a clear indentation for the ring.

Did you mess with the belt in your endeavors? Are you having the classic subaru power steering squeal from aeration? When/what type of noise are you having?

·
Premium Member
'02 Bean H6, AWP & ORP, factory hitch
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just figured it out. It goes all the way up. Has to, otherwise ot wouldn't seal. Doesn't matter anymore, I just broke tje **** thing and will have to drive an hoir to het another. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
01 Outback H6 VDC, 97 GT wgn w/ ej22, 98 OBW w/ej22
1,401 Posts
you can probably match it up at a local hardware store. it may be worth a try if it saves you a 2 hour drive.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,711 Posts
there are 2 other spots you could have air sucked in (well, 3 I guess if we include the inside of the pump). I replaced the stock hose clamps on each end of the suction-side hose, with the screw-type clamps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts