Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback Man. w/All Weather Pkg ( H4 4EAT)
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2001 VDC Wagon - White pearl - 302,000 km
466 Posts
On of my bulbs on my instrument cluster panel bulbs went out "D" so doesn't it make sense to replace all bulbs (123DNRP)?

Is this the OEM equivalent https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/sylvania-161-longlife-mini-bulb-pack-of-2-161llbp2/5080167-P or it's another bulb number? Or should I do a full LED conversion?

Also does your OB of some sort whether your in Drive or Park when you pump the brakes twice the vehicle RPMs move up a little?? Pretty strange....
Not sure on the bulb, but pumping the brakes at idle will draw intake manifold vacuum into the brake booster, whereby temporarily robbing some air from the engine. The engine responds by opening the throttle to compensate. It's more involved than that, but yeah, it's normal.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,382 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback Man. w/All Weather Pkg ( H4 4EAT)
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After reading the post then with the extended thread on my phone I wasn't too mad about faulty light because I am driving a 15 year old car. Re-soldering connections is something I didn't have the tools for and would've just lived with having a faulty light. Then at a stop light I literally punched my cluster and my "D" came back on. I was honestly surprised and didn't think it would work. Problem solved.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,382 Posts
More or less what I did with Kaylee.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts