Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Indigo Pearl Outback, with factory-installed Flux Capacitor
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you can change the seek function from channel to preset or from preset to the next strong channel? Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
I didn't have the OEM radio in my '12 for very long but look for a seek/scan button or even a button labeled auto. I would also look in the menu to see if it's not in there.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have downloaded the factory owners manual but no references to this I can see. On long trips, I prefer to use the wheel up/down for new stations, not presets. My thanks Lashlee. I see you're a registered person also. I feel I've gotten my money back several times with the excellent information in these forums. I knew I had purchased a neat car, now I know better reasons why it is so neat.

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,765 Posts
Given the limited functions of the OEM stereo, I highly doubt you can. I never have stations programmed in mine because I use XM, so I would much prefer a seek option. But I think your stuck with what you get.

Now if you upgrade to an aftermarket stereo, I'm sure it's doable.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
On my Kenwood I can change from the seek of station to station over to preset with one button.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Given the limited functions of the OEM stereo, I highly doubt you can. I never have stations programmed in mine because I use XM, so I would much prefer a seek option. But I think your stuck with what you get.

Now if you upgrade to an aftermarket stereo, I'm sure it's doable.

I guess I should have read the manual more closely:eek:. Taken from the manual:

"\/“ ”and“/\”switch
With radio mode selected Press the switch to the“ ” or“ ” side briefly to skip to a preset channel. Press and hold the switch to the“ ”or“ ”side to seek the next receivable station and stop at it. That station’s frequency will be indicated on the audio display

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,765 Posts
^ Thanks for the update. Good to know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts