Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 02 Outback that has the factory radio with casette but no C/D player. Was thinking of trying to find a player at Pullapart but would I just be better off going with a new complete aftermarket unit from someone like Crutchfeild with more modern features?

·
Registered
426 Posts
These cars are VERY easy to put aftermarket radios in. That opening is exactly 3 DIN slots, so you can get any single or double DIN radio, and a universal storage pocket (Subaru makes a pretty sweet one with a door) to fill the extra. And a wiring kit.

I don't really even use CDs anymore, so I just install a hardwired modulator (I have this one in my winter beater Outback) to the stock radio.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I didn't know they came with cassette only. Maybe you can find one of the OEM 6-disc changers that fit below the factory head unit!

·
Registered
2 Posts
These cars are VERY easy to put aftermarket radios in. That opening is exactly 3 DIN slots, so you can get any single or double DIN radio, and a universal storage pocket (Subaru makes a pretty sweet one with a door) to fill the extra. And a wiring kit.

I don't really even use CDs anymore, so I just install a hardwired modulator (I have this one in my winter beater Outback) to the stock radio.
Do you have a part number for the single DIN with a door? I am in the market as i just took up my stock double din headunit and CD changer and need to fill the middle din now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts