Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new (to me) 2015 Outback Limited. I know Subaru has the nanny feature where they turn the radio to 001 if the last channel you had it on was an "adult" channel. Has anyone found a way to disable this? All I listen to are 100 and 101. It really sucks to have to change it every time I get in the car.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,110 Posts
All I listen to are 100 and 101. It really sucks to have to change it every time I get in the car.
One button press. BFD!

FWIW, I don't particularly care for that "feature" either, but I understand the reasoning behind it and I've adapted. Whining about it accomplishes nothing.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
One button press. BFD!

FWIW, I don't particularly care for that "feature" either, but I understand the reasoning behind it and I've adapted. Whining about it accomplishes nothing.
+1................some folks have so much drama in their lives.....>:)

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited with CVT, Navigation, Satellite Radio, Moon/Sun Roof
5 Posts
jrmckins asks a simple question and the two of you respond rudely and sarcastically. How is that helpful?

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
jrmckins asks a simple question and the two of you respond rudely and sarcastically. How is that helpful?
Maybe because that is the kind of answer someone that spends their life listening to Howard Stern would appreciate..... >:)

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,110 Posts
... two of you respond rudely and sarcastically. How is that helpful?
Any short post that includes both the words "nanny" and "sucks" invites a sarcastic response. Extra points awarded if the topic has been discussed many times before and an answer could be found using Search.

It's a great welcome to a new member to the board ...
New member? Your public profile says that you've been registered here since 2015.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any short post that includes both the words "nanny" and "sucks" invites a sarcastic response. Extra points awarded if the topic has been discussed many times before and an answer could be found using Search.
1. I've seen a few of your other posts on the site. You really come off as a jerk. Please don't hesitate to not "help" me anymore.
2. Yes, I did search. There are a LOT of posts that talk about it. I just didn't see a recent one with a conclusive "you can't disable it" or "you can, here's how"
3. Please post a list of all words that upset you so I can avoid them

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

New member? Your public profile says that you've been registered here since 2015.
Yeah. should have said "new poster". I made my first post yesterday.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,208 Posts
I think it is great that they offer a function like that but it should at least be optional if it isn't already. I would guess that a large majority of owners wouldn't want or need this on all the time. Why not make it easy to turn on and off? My television has the option to block certain channels but it didn't come out of the box set up to automatically block offensive content when I turn it on.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
I think it is great that they offer a function like that but it should at least be optional if it isn't already. I would guess that a large majority of owners wouldn't want or need this on all the time. Why not make it easy to turn on and off? My television has the option to block certain channels but it didn't come out of the box set up to automatically block offensive content when I turn it on.
Majority of owners don't spend their time behind the wheel getting off on XM channels 101 and 102. Why should Subaru spend investment dollars on offering such a function.

I don't see where it is all that challenging to get in your vehicle and either press a favorites button on the radio or press the voice command button on the steering wheel.....and if it is, doubtful they could figure out the configuration screens. >:)

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Majority of owners don't spend their time behind the wheel getting off on XM channels 101 and 102. Why should Subaru spend investment dollars on offering such a function.

I don't see where it is all that challenging to get in your vehicle and either press a favorites button on the radio or press the voice command button on the steering wheel.....and if it is, doubtful they could figure out the configuration screens. >:)
They spent the money to turn this on. There are a lot of channels they do this with. I understand you don't like Howard Stern and that makes you feel pretty darn good. I'm happy for you.

Please stop responding to any thread I start or any post I make.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
There's more than one person here gonna be getting a time out soon.
@z28dug
Tone it down a notch, you're being a bit more of yourself than normal.
@jrmckins
No insults or cursing. Those are Terms of Service violations.

Reactions: tmsuttle

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,208 Posts
That pretty much backs up the point I made. Why force it on everyone? If they want to offer it, fine. But do in a way that is most functional for the majority and let those who desire to use it figure out how to turn it on.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That pretty much backs up the point I made. Why force it on everyone? If they want to offer it, fine. But do in a way that is most functional for the majority and let those who desire to use it figure out how to turn it on.
I'm ok with it being on by default but allow users to disable it. It wouldn't be so bad if the radio allowed me to change it in a reasonable amount of time (or even while in reverse). There are days where I can back out of my garage, down the driveway, and be at the end of the street before I can change the channel.

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
3,173 Posts
Always drove me nuts, and part of the reason I only subscribe to traffic on the head unit (I've installed a Pioneer Inno in the cubby - tiny, portable and capable of recording). The primary irritation was that I would often forget to change the channel, and then 10 minutes later wonder why I was suffering through the terrible music they play on 001.

BTW, 100, 101 and 102 got nothing on 103. Best content on the platform (despite the terrible choice of name). ;)

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,212 Posts
I would welcome every owner with a new car that does not like the way subaru has made the default on the radio,.
...call their 800 # and complain until they make a fix for it.

regular initial post stuff here.
(all 2015 and newer been complaining here about it for years,....I don't think SOA reads these threads though....or they would have done "something" already.).

____

everyone should be glad this is not a Chrysler 200 forum.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts