Subaru Outback Forums banner

Radio/HVAC from 2007 2.5i in a 2007 3.0 LLB?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  lashlee 
#1 ·
The radio in my 2007 3.0R LL Bean has died and I'm looking for a used replacement.
I located a 2007 2.5i in a salvage yard and the radio/Auto HVAC controls look exactly like the unit in my car. The only difference I see is that my car has steering wheel controls for volume and tuning, but the 2.5i does not.
Any thoughts or experience on whether the 2.5i unit will work in my car?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Just for the record: I went ahead and bought the radio/HVAC unit from the salvaged 2.5i Limited and replaced the defective one in my 3.0R Bean.
All audio and HVAC controls work perfectly after the swap, including the steering wheel controls for the stereo. Both units appear to be identical.
Removal and replacement was very straighforward and the wiring was completely plug and play.
Incidentally, the donor unit had a few tiny scratches on the faceplace, and I was able to pull it off (carefully, there's a circuit board on the backside) and use the one from my original radio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.