Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Graphite Gray 3.6 R Limited
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Yesterday, my radio (without navigation) in my 2011 Outback 3.6R limited stop working. I have pulled and switched the fuses on the fuse panel below the steering wheel (the fuse is fine; to make sure I even switched this fuse with an equivalent). Can fellow forum members suggest possible solutions. I am hoping for some possible leads that I overlooked before I bring my car into the dealership. Thanks in advance for your helps.

·
Registered
2012 Impreza Sport Ltd 2013 Outback Limited SAP
1,495 Posts
I'd bring it in to the dealership if it still under warranty. That way if it fails again, the situation will be documented and give you a good case for another free repair.

·
Registered
Tungsten 2017 2.5 Limited w Eyesight SOLD!
1,043 Posts
Personally I wouldn't loose too much sleep over the OEM head-unit as it isn't the greatest anyway. Plenty of better aftermarket units out there IMHO..

·
Registered
2012 2.5i Premium CVT
921 Posts
You will be able to retain all steering wheel controls with the proper installation accessories as well as gain a lot of functionality and better sound quality with an aftermarket head unit. The blue connect will be rendered obsolete since the new head unit would cover that. You can replace it with a cubby door.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Last 3 times I checked for a decent head unit, they all felt cheap and plastic-y.... are there any worthy recommendations ?

·
Registered
Tungsten 2017 2.5 Limited w Eyesight SOLD!
1,043 Posts
There is a thread on installing a new radio by member Taiguy. I hope that will help you. I always had good luck with Alpine and Panasonic in various other cars. I have not replaced the radio in my OB as it works well enough after I replaced the speakers first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts