Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to investigate this yet, but am having an issue where my up volume control on my steering wheel will not work or lower the volume when connected to the access swc module. It is fairly intermittent, but has become worse. I suspect an issue with the resistance value output by that button is off.

Anyone else have that issue?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have yet to investigate this yet, but am having an issue where my up volume control on my steering wheel will not work or lower the volume when connected to the access swc module. It is fairly intermittent, but has become worse. I suspect an issue with the resistance value output by that button is off.

Anyone else have that issue?
I had my steering wheel volume control switch replaced under warranty last week as it was giving intermittent usability. They said that they had replaced several of them so it appears to be an issue with Japanese built Outbacks too. I guess the switches all come from the same source.
I could almost live with it but the really annoying thing was that I could not control the volume of my phone when using it handsfree through the car's audio unit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suspect it is a problem with the buttons also. Now that I know that there is a history of the problem, i think I will test the outputs. hopefully I don't have to play the warranty game since i have an aftermarket gps.

·
Registered
832 Posts
They might try to give you some flack at first but they aren't allowed to dismiss a warranty claim solely due to an aftermarket accessory. If they are that adamant about it I would bring your OEM radio with you so you can try it out with both to prove it's an issue with the controls and not the install or parts.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They might try to give you some flack at first but they aren't allowed to dismiss a warranty claim solely due to an aftermarket accessory. If they are that adamant about it I would bring your OEM radio with you so you can try it out with both to prove it's an issue with the controls and not the install or parts.
I know my rights. I just wish THEY knew. But here's to a hassle free experience!!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Dzd
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing