Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has happened a couple times, but on long drives after getting bored of listening to music I've turned my radio off and after some time passes I want to listen to music and my radio won't turn back on. It's happened once before and the only way to fix the problem is to turn the car off and back on. It's just a regular AM/FM/CD/Aux radio in my 08 outback...the non harmon kardon....Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
16,295 Posts
Hasn't happened in my 07.

Sounds as if some circuit is malfunctioning; perhaps a microprocessor that's involved with turning the set on. Does the radio ever lose the presets? The fact that the radio will work fine immediately after the car is turned off and then on again sort of suggests something "rebooting".

How's the car battery?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car battery is original...My car is going to be 5 years old in March of 2013, and I know a general rule of thumb is 5 to 7 years lifespan for a battery. I haven't checked to see if its lost any presents because I usually listen to the music on my phone, or just 1 station on AM when I want to hear the traffic. I've only lost the presets when I've pulled the battery out of the car

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
98SubaruOutback
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing